I was working on the LCU campus, and made a change to the Study Abroad Offices, and whenever you make a change with the lot adjuster, you have to load up the lot, make a building change and save, to get the building to show in neighborhood view again. Of course I should have thought about the fact that my Study Abroad kids are not actually home on that lot right now - but I didn't.
(For the record, here's proof that Iris has absolutely no idea what she's doing to poor, poor Dallas! She didn't think one bit about that shirt when she put it on, with her boobs all clearly on display. That ought to be fun next semester, lol!)
Anyway, it wasn't until I put Fenton in that striped shirt that I realized it - Fenton and Iris...
But no, it's more than just similar shirts and a taste for smart red-heads. Fenton and Drew seem to have just about exactly the same facial features! Drew seems to have neglected to tell us he had a little brother ;)
Though, from the facts we've established so far, Drew actually has quite the strange and interesting family background that he never talks much about. Why is that, Drew? Where are your parents anyway? And what are you hiding from us?
Drew says, "Why do I have to be hiding anything? We have family money. My mom likes to travel?"
Okay, fair enough.
Meet Drew's little brother, Fenton, lol!
So having obviously been spawned from the same facial template, their features are all, as far as I can tell, identical. Though Fenton has bluish-gray eyes, while Drew has dark brown.
There is very little we actually know about their family. But that very little - an uncle, some family money, and different last names - happens to also be surprisingly telling.
We can assume they have different fathers, because they don't share a last name. And we can assume it's their shared mother who has the family money, because Fenton is certainly not smart enough to study at Takemizu on scholarship like his girlfriend and Dallas are. We also know that they have an uncle, Mitch Bertino, who lives in the city, also from family money, so that must be their mother's brother. So their mother (she doesn't have a first name yet - maybe we should pick her one?) must have been born a Bertino as well, before first marrying a Bruty, and then a Dyer, and a quick Google search tells me that the surname Bertino is Italian. Look at that, Drew and Fenton are now part Italian!
But where is their mom then? Or either of their dads? Drew doesn't seem ill-adjusted in any way - or well, not in any tragic way, lol! He certainly is a bit "different" though. Fenton can be a bit moody, but otherwise seems normal.
I would assume a woman of their mother's status would have married each of their fathers in turn. Which would also mean that she divorced Drew's father to marry Fenton's father. Hmmm, I wonder how Drew feels about that?
Though they are six years apart (Drew is 27, Fenton is 21), and that's quite an age gap considering Drew must have spent some time away at college while Fenton was a teenager. They've done most of their growing up apart, so yes, half-brothers by blood, but there isn't very much of a bond here. Maybe they'll grow into it now that they're both grown up.
All that, from changing a shirt ;)
*** oh, wait, but there's more! :) ***
Meet Drew and Fenton's mother! (and Fenton's dad, lol!)
So she's coming home for a bit, to visit, and to meet Amelia - I feel Amelia just about having a panic attack right now, lol!
So Moira is 51 this year, and her husband, Richard (Fenton's dad) is 53. He's a stoic man, but Moira is just crazy about him.
I love it! All you need is similar facial features and a polo shirt and townie generated sims now have family! Scooping up some more ideas from you, so thank-you very much!
ReplyDeleteThis is a good example of asking questions about a character and suddenly, you've invented more depth for that character and a nice, fluffy background to go along with it.
ReplyDeleteI find this technique quite useful in my numerous attempts at writing novels. Plus, it helps with the characterization in my blog's storylines. It's pretty darn nifty, lol! ;)
For a second I thought it was Drew and Amelia in the first picture, seeing as that was Amelia's old hairstyle. And that top Iris is wearing is quite showy but I have my Wendy in the same style, and she's not exactly classed as a woman to flaunt it all. Much more the bookworm type (like me, lol!).
So we could assume - seeing as Iris is studying at Takemizu - it's a t-shirt that attracts a girl with bags of knowledge?
OMG this is great. And like you said, all this from changing a shirt!
ReplyDeleteI have several townies in my game with the same last name, you've inspired me for doing something similar.
That facial feature, do you see that just by looking at them, or is there a special way to look that up?
Edited to Add: They have a mom! :)
ReplyDelete(And dads too, lol!)
Rome, it's so much fun making families out of them! They just feel so lonely being all alone like they are.
ReplyDeleteSteal away! And have fun! :)
Shake, I know it! You ask a simple question, and you get a whole history! So much fun! :)
True! What is it about that shirt? lol!
Tanja, I did this just by the look of them. I don't think there's any way to look up if they're truly identical or not, but they look it to me!
That's awesome! It really is just tiny little things that can spark off a pretty huge idea sometimes. I'm really tempted to make a family for Rob now.
ReplyDeleteIt makes sense that they'd be about six years apart. That's enough time for Drew's mother to divorce, meet someone new, remarry and then have another baby.
Carla, good point, the timing does make sense then! I love it when huge story ideas come so effortlessly! Because most of the time, I sit there braindead trying to think and nothing comes of it, lol!
ReplyDeleteThis is cool, I can't wait for more stories! I love your build posts you are so detailed
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! I love that Drew now has a family. I may try that for some of my Sims.
ReplyDeleteAnd now with the new info added, I have a sim I want to do this for, right off the top of my head. Pen and paper will be busy tonight
ReplyDeleteI have just known that he has a family. I sometimes add family, later on, after the sim become spotlight ;). They were lonely before actually.
ReplyDeleteI heard wedding bells for Amelia and Drew. They have already had a simple yet beautiful engagement. I still remember it, between the leaves and butterflies.
Beautiful pictures cannot be forgotten ;)
ReplyDeleteSo funny, how this happened - a whole family, from a shirt! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I'm not the only one giving my ex-townies family ties. It makes more sense for them to have some history, I think.
Rachel, thanks! I can't wait to get started on the stories again too! :)
ReplyDeleteSarah, thanks! It feels so much more realistic for them to have some family links, even if it's just a couple.
Rome, have fun! :)
M.J., it is very lonely for them without having a family. Awww, I remember that proposal too - it was one of my favorites!
Blackcat, I know, I never saw this coming, lol! Absolutely! I can hardly even fathom writing a character and not knowing what kind of family they come from!
Where did you get Moira's glasses? I really like them!
ReplyDeleteZoe, I know, aren't they adorable!?! They're a TS3 conversion, and I got them here :)
ReplyDelete*shakes head* I'm in awe of your creative skills. I hope when I get my story going that I can learn from you.
ReplyDeletepetalbrook, awww, thanks! I'm just making it up as I go ;)
ReplyDelete