Sunday, August 8, 2010

take it down, extras

*warning: this is ridiculously long! No joke! *

Extras, outtakes, and misfits from the "take it down" season...

(I think I'll call them seasons now, rather than chapters. Does that make more sense? I mean, each entry is big enough to be its own chapter, right? Why didn't anyone ever tell me that made no freaking sense? lol! So since the collection usually spans about a season, it seems only logical. Season?)

Anyway, whatever we call it, this collection of stories was the longest EVER, and gave us a crapload of extras!!! These stories took me 8 months to write, covered five major story progressions and many independent pieces and mini-updates, and added up to a whopping 50,881 words!

(If I ever want to know why my novel isn't finished yet, I think I have my answer!)

Let us begin? ;)


August 2083: Just weeks before their wedding, Bella says, "If you die, I'm gonna be so pissed."

These Bradshaw women have so little faith in their men.

Random Robbie and Liza, from the school update. I think I was testing out the "allmenus" cheat, lol!

More random Robbie and Liza.

I'm telling you, people, if I were the type to set them up... ;)

So I just felt like taking a pic of my McCullough boys.

A picture on Madison's desk. Madison and Bryson Riley. They must have been so young here, early twenties or so.

I love it when you look in their inventories and find random photo booth pics that they took when they were off visiting some community lot somewhere.

Random pictures of dead people on random walls... On the left is Jimmy Phoenix and Brittney (Upsnot) Phoenix (yes, uni Sims from the Sim State University neighborhood), Micah's parents, Hayden and Jack's grandparents.

On the right, Micah Phoenix as a teen.

Chad and Riley Hathe at their senior prom. Happens to be just about the night Liza was conceived. Oops! ;)

Also found on Riley's wall, this is Jeremy Nova's first wife, Riley and Patrick's mother, Trista. I think Riley looks just like her.



"Aunt Charlotte, is it true that there's some magical being out there in the universe that's going to make me marry Connor some day?"

Charlotte says, "Where ever did you hear such a silly thing?"

This one just felt so telling for these characters, at this particular time in their story.

It was 8:00, and Connor was over for dinner, because Connor is always over there. And we might imagine Charlotte was over for dinner, because Paul works a lot of late nights, and the Gallagher babies were asleep in the other room. And Charlotte was telling some random story about how Leila burnt a pie at their shop, because for a stay-at-home mom, she really, honestly, can't cook a thing. And the Watts twins were really tired and fussy, but needed to eat something before bed. And there was Matt, quiet in the background, with a thousand things on his mind but not saying a word.

Like the whole story told in a snapshot.

Leila, honey, if you want to keep that a secret, maybe stop broadcasting it around town? Just a thought.

Really, will Dallas ever get too old to make faces at his ants? :)

Dallas says, "Dude, I think your girlfriend thinks I'm hot."

Well, at least we know where his loyalties lie? Even so, that conversation could NOT have gone over well!

Let us commence, Bitch-Fest 2083!

Seriously can't leave these two in a room with each other without one of them getting slapped.

Again, I just love it when Sims get random photo booth pictures on their own!

Beau and April totally didn't want to have that conversation. I had to force them into it! You know, because left to their own devices, they probably would have continued beating around it forever. But it was needed. And we're going for pain and anguish here, not smiles and heart-farts.

But April says, "But can't we just shoot a sex scene instead?"

And Beau says, "I could go for a sex scene."

And I say, "Dammit, people, cooperate here! I'm trying to write a story!"

But you know, a sex scene would be fun. Maybe later ;)

Was the baby-daddy.

I'm very, very surprised that not a single one of you even wondered out loud who the baby-daddy was!!! Really? You didn't want to know???

Well, anyway, this is Jared, one of her fifteen "boyfriends," lol! He's quite smitten with her, so it's probably best he never knew. He follows her around like a little lost puppy. He's not a fan of commitment either though, so he won't be too heartbroken about it.

First snowfall of the season, which I recreated (very badly) for this update.

James posing, lol! He was proud though - he worked hard on that car!

Lake City crashes my computer, no joke! But you can kind of see how big it is from this picture... you know, as the computer is crashing...

I just love Beau and April's apartment :)

Random, gratuitous shot of April's supercool boots!

Berjes, lol! This was when I was shooting Mariah's part of the update, and I left him waiting in the hallway so I could get her ready for his walk-by. Left him waiting a little too long, I suppose, because he got all diva on me, lol!

Oh, and these two...

Love/hate relationship much?

This was the front view of that pose I used for their last shot. It takes on an entirely different tone from the front, and is quite cute, actually. So I moved them in front of a wall, and did a little photo shoot with it, lol!

Again, the funny thing about wants is how they sometimes match up quite fittingly with my plans. Not that I want to give away where I see April headed, but these wants felt inspiring for a change. For non-TS2 players, that's learn lifelong happiness, and buy a pottery station, toycrafting station, and sell a great piece of art.

Oh, and prank someone, of course, lol! That one's just about always there :)

12 comments:

  1. There are so many great shots here, lol!

    I love the Bradshaw ladies standing close by as their men try to sort some electrics. I think Leila's one where she decides to tell all about her two lovers was hilarious, and your caption just made it!

    And, lol at Dallas! When I saw that shot of him at the table I immediately thought 'God, Dallas sure has grown some big self-confidence! ;)

    There are so many others too, too many for me to mention here. Ooh, and Vicky is just so bitter! Also, April's wants seem so fitting, especially the prankster one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am going to become a regular commenter, this just makes me jealous that I no longer have sims 2. I don't think I have ever seen April's baby daddy, poor April she is so messed up but I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shake, funny thing is that Dallas, shy as he is, has actually always had a bit of an ego. Especially in romantic pursuits, lol! Like this one (scroll to the end). And that dates back all the way to when he was fourteen, closet Casanova, for real!

    He's an interesting character to write sometimes - shy but confident, and super sweet yet sometimes cocky.

    Glad they were all amusing though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, welcome to the peanut gallery, lol! We have a lot of fun down here in the comments! :)

    TS2 is a great game! I am actually planning to get TS3, but I don't think I'll be leaving TS2 for quite some time now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, eight months for one season of Sim time! I'm so impressed by the detail you put into your stories. This past season in particular has been really interesting and fleshed out a lot of characters. I love reading your blog, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

    And regarding the novel, have you thought about using some of these characters and stories in a novel?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Seasons also like tv shows. Which is also fitting too. I can't believe it's been that long irl for this season, I remember when you started it. Time goes too darn fast!

    Loved all the out takes and agree perfectly with that one scene with the dinner with Matt in the back in his own little head.

    Corbins face at the ants is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, Lake City is BIG! I can definitely see why it crashes your computer now! Haha, I think that's what makes Berjes so awesome. He's surrounded by a bunch of women who could definitely hold the diva title in their own rights, but he can go diva all over their tushies!

    And to all those Bradshaw women out there: If my man was going at an electrical object with a metal screwdriver I'd be pretty worried too!
    You totally get awesome points for having James, Drew, and a shirtless Corbin all in one update. I mean, seriously, my computer might just give me the blue screen of death after being exposed to all of that testosterone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Oh, and never mind that her mother still has a picture of her with Jason on the wall!"

    LOL, Caleb still has a picture of Nick and Josie on an end table in the living room. It seems like the kind of mortifying thing parents would keep around though, so I leave it!

    Did you do major surgery on Brittany? I can't believe you married her in and are not plagued by that CHIN!

    I love that Berjes has beer and Corbin has V8! I'm so all over those drinks now, thanks for the link.

    I did wonder who April's baby-daddy was and I actually thought I asked, but maybe I didn't. I know I asked whether it was possible that Beau was the dad. I did figure you'd reveal it eventually though. And oh my gosh, 15 "boyfriends"! April! But those are quite inspiring wants April's rolled up - looks like she wants to turn herself around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...Corbin cut his hair?! How did I not notice, LOL

    I did wonder about April as well, but I assumed the baby-daddy was the guy she got with at Cameron's bachelor party. So is this guy a classmate?

    Btw, excellent extras post, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! Glad they were amusing! :)

    Sarah, thank you! :) I actually have considered something like that for my second novel (and already have done it twice with short stories, which I need to get back to revising). But if I did, I'd have to write them off of this story entirely. For one, because I don't like telling the same story twice - and also, with something as big as a novel, it would get too confusing.

    So I was thinking when Lakeside Heights ends, since there will be a few I won't be bringing on to the next story, they'd be free to use in whatever kind of story I want. And I do have a particular mother and daughter who'd easily fill out a novel ;)

    Maisie, yes, also like TV shows! In fact, I think I even referred to the last story of the collection as a season finale once, lol!

    I can't believe it either. My Sim time moves slower than my RL time!

    Tessa, yes, Berjes can definitely hold his own with the divas, lol!

    LOL @ testosterone overload! And there was Beau and Dallas in there too! But you know, too many dudes can never be a bad thing ;)

    Carla, it's Brittney's lips that I think I'm plagued by with my Phoenix family - Micah, Jack, and Aaron all have those really thin lips. Very odd looking, but they've kind of grown on me. But I wasn't doing surgery back then.

    Thank you! I'm ridiculously happy that you noticed the V8! I just couldn't see Corbin drinking anything else, lol!

    Oh, I do remember you asking if Beau could have been the baby-daddy.

    Non-Anon, the haircut is new. I just did that after his last update, so you wouldn't have seen it before now. You're not hallucinating, lol! Corbin is SO hard to find hair for! This hair is basically the same ponytail style, almost exactly, but just shorter.

    Yes, Jared is one of her uni friends. You know, it could have been Joe though (bachelor party guy) - I mean, it's not, because I checked with SimBlender, lol - but for all she knows, the timing would have been a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so much new info! I think I'll just pick my favourites ...

    Bella worrying that her wedding will be a non-event because hubby to be may just get himself electrocuted

    Berjes and the love/hate relationship (love that screenie)

    James posing with his car (hot or what?)

    Dallas and the ants (I shouldn't have been surprised)

    April thinking about romance rather than "that conversation" ... um, isn't that what lead to "that conversation" in the first place?

    Front view April and Beau (these two could give Dallas and Lucy a run for their money, I think)

    But on the serious side, I'm glad to see that April is wanting to get her life back on track - maybe the baby scare was a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Illandrya, this one was especially large, huh? They gave me a lot of material to work with this season, lol!

    Agreed, about the baby scare. I think I mentioned something like that in the comments a while back - some people are the kind to need to hit "rock bottom" before they realize they need to turn things around. I think April is one of those kind.

    ReplyDelete