*** notes: I've recently started linking to the family's most recent update in the date header ;) And also note in this update, I am changing Madison's title to Governor of State... further notes about that to follow after the update ***
One of Madison's first orders of business this year, with the taxpayer's hard-earned money, is to make over the Governor's Estate. It's still being renovated inside at the moment, but she thinks it was worth the effort. Check out this crib! She hopes the taxpayers like it, because it's going to be a vital part of the Lake City skyline for years to come.
The door on the right is to Madison's new Governor's office, which is accessible from the street, and separate from the rest of the estate.
And she buys herself a new winter coat. After all, Governor of The State can't really be seen around town in a mint-green rain coat, can she???
With Madison's busy schedule recently, Bryson's various businesses have taken something of a back-seat. But he hopes to pick things up again soon, now that they're all settled into their new home.
Bryson had to hire a new personal assistant, since Nessa Phoenix went and quit on him to pursue her own corporate career. He hires Dana, who is a recent LCU graduate, another pretty blonde in a black dress... that's just how he likes his personal assistants, we suppose. Bryson says, "Not to get all 1980 on you or anything, but I have to say, I like a lady to wear heels. No pressure though."
Dana is thinking, God, the things we do for money...
(Dana looks a bit like the infamous stalkerish club-bunny, but she's not. I guess I like using that hair too much, lol)
Madison calls a meeting of the state's public officials. They have some business to discuss at the start of the year, before Madison gives her State of The State Address. In addition to the state's elected public officials, we have Ally (judge), Toby Harris (state assembly), Blake Miller (city council), and Madison's new intern, Micah Buchanan.
You know how these things go, five percent work, ninety-five percent gossip. Madison tells Claire how she's recently been promoted to State Senate, as well as maintaining Governor of State.
Claire says, "My God, Madison, you need a vacation!" Claire tells her about the great vacation they took last month. It was so nice to get away from all this frigid cold! Claire says they're free to use the beach house anytime they want. It's a kind offer, though Madison and Bryson have enough money to buy five beach houses if they wanted to. Madison is eligible for retirement soon, maybe she'll take a vacation then.
Micah is really enjoying his political internship this year, and he gets to meet all the top people running things around here.
Though, Madison often has to remind him that he should be making the coffee, and not juggling the coffee cups!
Ally is Alon Hutchins' girlfriend, and she thinks she's in the process of deciding he's actually kind of a lout - Amelia could have told her that! But on her mind today, she can't decide who's hotter, Micah or Berjes.
And God knows why Berjes thinks she's prettier than Hailey... but he does! She's hotter than even Jodie, and that girl is working hard to be Berjes's mistress... if he were to take one, that is. What is it about this girl?
Don't worry about Micah though, he's just thinking, Wow, look at the size of her forehead! You could land a plane on that thing!
Madison begins this year's State of The State Address. She notes that thanks to the new tax rebates, they currently have a new robotics store in the works. The State is still working on the parks renovation project.
As usual, Claire and Cabe are talking about their kids during the speech - Claire says, "No, she's not engaged, and I'm perfectly fine with that. After all, it's not 2020 anymore!"
"Oh, agreed," Cabe says. "Our girls have so many different opportunities these days."
Lucy rode the bus out all the way from Lakeside Heights just to talk to her dad, but she just missed him. So she figures she'll catch the State of the State Address instead - fascinating stuff for a fourteen year old!
Madison says, "There isn't enough money for everybody, but I'm very excited to announce that we've decided to reinstate the Lake City Metro Business Award!"
The Lake City Metro Business Award will be given every four years, and will be worth $50,000. Voters will decide the winner, and they may vote based on anything they wish. Voting will begin in March of 2081, and last through August. The winner will be announced in September. The winner may spend the award any way they choose, as long as the money is invested in a qualifying business in Lake City or its surrounding suburbs.
***
Bryson is quite a bit better at cooking pork chops than his brother-in-law, Andy. And even though the girls are quite capable of cooking dinner for themselves, he invites them over to have dinner with him while their mom is giving her speech tonight. Maybe it's more that he doesn't want to have dinner on his own.
Keri says, "I miss Justin."
Mariah and Bryson both say, "We know."
Bryson asks, "So are you two okay then?"
Keri says, "No we're not okay, he's on the wrong side of the planet!"
"But, you know, as a couple?"
Keri says, "Duh, Dad, what did you think would happen?"
Keri says, "Why don't we talk about Mariah's special friend?"
"Will we get to meet this one?" Bryson asks. "The last one you dated for two years and we never met him."
Mariah had good reasons why James never met her parents. Mariah changes the subject, "Dad, what's with the hat?"
Keri says, "Yeah, what's up with that hat?"
Bryson says, "What's wrong with my hat? I like it. I think it suits me."
For the past couple years, Bryson has worried about the fact that neither of his daughters are at all interested in taking over their father's business legacy. The Riley Estates Company was founded with Bryson's father, at the very dawn of Lake County itself! He can't bear to think of the company falling outside the family. But unfortunately, both girls are more interested in government, like their mother, and Bryson doesn't want to force them into something they don't want to do.
But finally, it dawns on Bryson that he might have a son-in-law soon. He doesn't really know Justin very well, to be quite honest, and he's sure Justin has a lot to learn still, but he is studying business management, and despite his silly nature sometimes, his grades are very good. Bryson figures he might finally be able to make nice with his own daughter by trying to make nice with her future husband. Could that work?
Bryson says, "You know, there's room in the company still, if Justin needs an internship or anything. He's going to be a senior next year, right?"
"Yeah, he is." Keri says. "I'll talk to him about it, if you want. But what is up with that hat?"
Keri snatches it away, and yes, just as she suspected, her father is definitely starting to go bald. "That's stylin', Dad, totally stylin'." Keri doesn't mention that she also noticed their mother is going gray. It's not the kind of thing a lady likes to hear.
But Bryson doesn't mind if Keri wants to tease him about his receding hairline. He's just glad she's talking to him again.
***
notes: I've been wanting to makeover Madison's Governor's Estate ever since I moved them in there. I just had them in a placeholder house, really, and I wanted it to have a more urban feel, since they're living in the city, and I've been itching to build something with those new AL roof decorations. I ended up modeling their new home after a mish-mash of actual real estate listings from Chicago ;)
I'm changing Madison's elected title to Governor of State. There's only one state in this fictional land, simply called The State (for lack of creativity), and she's the top dog! So hopefully that will be less conflicting with the Maxis job position of Mayor, which she's also coming up on being promoted to (she was promoted to Senator this month). When she is promoted, that will make her Governor of State, as well as Mayor of Lake City. I'm still trying to figure out how to correlate these elected positions with the Maxis jobs they have.
And poor Ally with her big forehead. I don't mean to make fun of her, and I'm sure she's a perfectly nice girl, but why the crap do all of my dudes have to think she's so hot??? Only two bolts with Micah though, so no worries there, but as soon as Berjes spoke to her, he immediately rolled the want to flirt with her. They have 142 ACR!!! I'd like to say I have faith in Berjes that he won't get up to any trouble, but I don't, lol! And poor Jodie, working so hard to be his mistress, and now she's got competition. Goodness knows why he likes them both better than his gorgeous wife? Blah, Sims!
















Maybe all your dudes think she's so hot because they secretly want helicopters and are imagining how if they dated her, they wouldn't have to buy a helipad! Har har har!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Bryson's hat, LOL! It's an awesome hat--I'm a big fan of fedoras. Don't snatch it away, Kerri! Put it back! It's stylish.
I absolutely love the makeover, man! What an AWESOME place. It looks really cool.
Mao, helipad! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! OMG, you almost made me pee! :)
ReplyDeleteHe'll still wear the hat! I like it too :) I'll have to recolor a graying version of it though, because he's turning 60 very soon...
Yeah, I like the hat, too, it's stylin'!
ReplyDeleteAnd I like the remodeling you did - it looks very stately & citified!
I agree! The building looks great. Very stately and urban.
ReplyDeleteNow for the Business Award, do you just pick a business, or have you worked out a way to gather votes?
simstate, thanks! That's what I was going for :)
ReplyDeleteLunar Fox, thank you! You guys get to vote! I'll do it the same way I did the voting for the political offices, so have a look back at those if you're curious. The polls will be up at the March update :)
Cute!!! I love how Byrson decides to try and keep the business in the family through a son-in-law, smart move.
ReplyDeletePoor Ally, I honestly don't see the large forehead :\
Apple, thanks! LOL, it is a pretty big forehead, but really we're just teasing her because she keeps breaking up all of my relationships! ;)
ReplyDeleteThe Governor's Estate is gorgeous :) I've never really gotten the hang of designing houses; that's why I mainly use the premade ones or ones I've downloaded.
ReplyDeleteLuminessence, thanks!
ReplyDelete