Monday, July 14, 2008

wedding bells and curtains for a once goth-girl

September 2076, Nathan Lind is 26, Allegra (Gorey) Lind is 23.

Photobucket
Nathan and Allegra live in a charming and very blue three-bedroom home on Brant Street in Lakeside Heights, near the metropark, high school, and church.

Photobucket
For an awkward former goth-girl, Allegra Gorey sure grew up into a fine and proper young lady! As pretty as she cleans up, as much as a doting girlfriend and aspiring housewife, and as much as she even likes to sew potholders and curtains, we're afraid the Miss-Suzie-Homemaker dress is just not her style. She's always been more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl.

Photobucket
She still isn't working since graduation, which is fine since Nathan is one of Lakeside Heights' top Entertainment Attorneys. Nathan works hard, and Allegra sleeps hard. Though she does spend some time converting one of their large closets into a craft room, and makes pretty potholders and flower arrangements for the house.

Photobucket
Allegra's always been so shy, and had a hard time making friends, and she is especially lonely now with Amelia being away. Nathan suggests she get to know his sister a little better. They go out together with Aurora and Joel sometimes. And Aurora even helps Allegra look at wedding dresses at the vintage clothing store in the Market Square, even if it isn't exactly exciting.

Photobucket
Allegra meets her neighbor Aurora Miguel, who lives across the street. (different from Nathan's sister, Aurora Harris.)

"Oh, you like to sew?" Aurora says. "I own a clothing store!"

Photobucket
"Yeah, I don't really do fashion," Allegra says.

"That much is obvious," Aurora says.

Photobucket
Nathan's parents stop by more often than Allegra thought they would, though they do live just a couple streets over. Even though she and Nathan have been dating nearly three years, she hasn't spent much time with his family, shy as she is, and being in the city. She's also discovering that she didn't know exactly how much of a mamma's boy Nathan is. Allegra doesn't really get along with his mom, but finds his dad hilarious! His parents are helping pay for the wedding.

Photobucket
Nathan and Allegra are married in a small and simple church wedding at First Grace Church of God in Lakeside Heights. Meadow gives them a snapdragon plant as a wedding gift just as she gave to Aurora and Joel when they were married.

We shall now commence a flurry of wedding pictures! :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

In lieu of a honeymoon, since he and Allegra just had that spring break trip together, Nathan takes some time off from the law firm to spend with his newlywed wife at home. He also begins a novel, something he's been dying to do for a while. It's a legal thriller, you know, since he's a lawyer and all, and it's about money and crime and airplanes!

Photobucket
Being newlyweds, they also engage in plenty of other newlywed activities. They always knew they wanted to start a family soon, and well, let's just say they didn't have to try very hard. They're keeping it quiet for now, but Nathan's mother will be pleased. She's wanted grandchildren for a long time.

(It seems Lakeside Heights is going to be having a bit of a baby boom come summertime of 2077!)

Photobucket
Nathan learns the hard way about pregnancy and unwelcome bodily functions. Allegra says, "It was the dog!" Oh, wait, they don't have a dog :)

Photobucket
Nathan treats himself to a new computer to inspire his novel writing.

Photobucket
And Allegra is REALLY into this sewing. She's glowing even! She makes a pair of curtains for the dining room, and who knows, maybe she'll make curtains for the baby's nursery too :)

***Funny outtakes***

Because sometimes Sims will be Sims and there is nothing you can do about it, we have this picture of Nathan very blatantly checking out the lovely Mrs. Violet Deppiesse just minutes after tying the knot, with his brand new wife looking on. LOL!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Nathan and Allegra are adorable together! I can't wait to see their baby...I'm sure he/she will be beautiful! The wedding was very cute, I love that church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandie! I actually only just built the church and this was my first wedding in it. The pond in the back really worked out well for taking pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely wedding pictures! I've always been awful with weddings. I'll never understand how you folks pull it off so effortlessly. People are always fighting at mine or, worse yet, dying! I had a townie die, for no reason, in the middle of a wedding. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mao, OMG, that would be a disaster of a wedding! Mine aren't always perfect though. Joel Harris got struck by lightning in a hot tub just minutes after he married Aurora, lol. Luckily he made it out alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you we are hitting story mode instead of introduction mode (and I like that mode!) now, so I'm thoroughly enjoying it! :)

    Feels like I've been at the wedding myself. Well done, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moondaisy, I'm glad you're still enjoying it! I love doing weddings, and especially taking wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg the bodily functions had me in stitches! Oh and the outtake shot. Nathan, come on!

    Sims will always be sims won't they. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer, I know, lol! You can't expect much class from them sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice church you've made! I tried my hand at that once and basically it was way too huge and definitely too ugly lol My weddings tend to be disasters too. Everyone overheated at one summer wedding and they all jumped into the pool. When it was time to come out there were only two ladders and many started acting like they were drowning. I had to quickly stop and throw up a bunch more ladders. It looked ludicrous.

    ReplyDelete