* note: trying something a little different this time. Since I know you guys usually enjoy the school posts, I'm expanding the usual age-up back-to-school update into a mash-up of age transitions and a regular school update, like I usually do in the spring. This fall one will focus more on the kids in these transitional ages, where the spring update will still focus on everyone or whatever stories are prominent at the time ;) *
Bluewater Township: where they shall practice telepathy....
starting high school, 9th grade (15 years): Liza Hathe
"It was just so hard," he says. "I wish I could come with you." What he means is, he wishes she could still help him with his classwork.
Liza Hathe isn't too nervous to start the ninth grade. She'll have Fiona in her classes again, which might or might not be a good thing. But if she wants to see Robbie, they'll have to skip class to do it. Well that wouldn't be a first. But Liza is good at math, and in her mind she sees the graph of the direct relationship between trouble and their time spent forced apart.
"Oh," Liza says.
"I hate the rain. I didn't want to go back for it because it was raining. Can I borrow yours?"
"I kind of need it," she says.
"I meant, I thought we could share," he says. The thought of sitting that close to some stranger makes her nervous.
"Uhhh," she stammers. She shakes her head. "You should share with Fiona."
Then when they started school together, she thought she could close her eyes and send him the answers he needed for his quizzes.
It's only now she realizes that if it had actually been working, he wouldn't be getting D's on his report cards.
***
Lakeside Heights: where their days are numbered...
senior year, 12th grade (18 years): Amy Jones
starting high school, 9th grade (15 years): Sarah Harris, Isaiah Gavigan
jr. high school, 6th grade (12 years): Sam Harris
preschool (4 years): Julia Lind, Elaina Thompson, Gabby Roseland
Eyes on your own girlfriend, Blair!
"It's okay, nobody really is."
She flutters her eyes at him, and he wonders if she got paint fumes in them. It's strange, he thinks, that Ryanne has suddenly started being so nice to him this year.
Or maybe it's nothing? He has always been kind of funny.
Gabby says, "What?"
Julia says, "I can count to twenty."
It isn't that the other kids are cruel to her - they just don't know her. They just smile and shuffle past her, settling into their already established circles of friends. They look at her like the weird, lonely, older girl that she is. She doesn't know them because she never needed to, but now it dawns on her that two years is a very long time without any friends. She just feels so much older than she actually is. She can't believe she's still in high school.
So Sarah volunteers to sit with her sister. Bold as she is, she's always been a bit of lone wolf anyway.
When Lucy notices Sarah staring at it, she quickly ducks her hand beneath the table.
Sarah says, "You know, promise rings never work out."
"What then?"
"You know," Lucy says.
"What, you're engaged? Like getting married?"
Lucy nods. "Well we didn't set a wedding date or anything. Or well, not an exact one."
"Mom's gonna be pissed!"
"How is he?"
Lucy pulls back, as if doubtful of the question. "What, like you care?"
"I care enough," Sarah says. And she means it. The awkward, lanky boy was just about a permanent fixture of their family for the past five years.
"He's okay," Lucy says, a wavering in her voice telling otherwise. "He just seems kind of freaked out."
"Don't be spiteful," Lucy says.
Sarah has a hard competitive streak. She can't help being spiteful.
"Hey, where's Sam?" Lucy says. "I haven't seen him since this morning."
"No clue," Sarah says.
They wouldn't have any classes with him this year, but they don't happen to even run into him in the hallways for the rest of the day. They just figure he must be busy, first day of junior high, trying to navigate between classes, spending time getting to know his new friends...
***
Lake City: where there shall be girls, girls, glorious girls!!!
senior year, 12th grade (18 years): Elijah Roberts
She's not really that old, but old enough, and greatly looking forward to her retirement. She always wanted a huge bunch of grandbabies, and now she's got plenty of them. She can't wait to just settle down and spoil them all.
It's nice to have Melissa there though, the way she smiles with assurance, nodding her head lightly whenever he makes a good point.
The sweetest damn thing he's ever heard!
She smells like fresh air and jasmine. Her smile is as sweet as baby pink tulips. She's the finest flower to ever grow from the Earth's fresh soil. She's a woodland nymph, a soft breeze that fills his mind like a song...
But he figures he'd better back off a bit before her boyfriend's eyes bore a hole through his head.
Lakeside Heights Public Schools suffered an electrical fire one night after hours, and burned to the ground. The cause was unknown, but is believed to be an accident. Efforts to rebuild are expected to take 6 months to a year. And in that time, the primary students will be bussed to Bluewater Township for classes this year, while the secondary students will be bussed to Lake City.
Angelo and Cecelia, with their bright charismatic smiles, volunteer to work as the welcoming committee. Before long though, Angelo finds himself much more enthusiastic about the job. And the reason why is quite clear...
These fine-looking, spoiled suburban girls, put off by their twenty-minute bus ride to school. Oh, how fine they look when they pout! These older and mature ones, grown into their full soft curves...
Girls, girls, there shall be multitudes of glorious girls!!! All of them perfect and beautiful and unique as snowflakes...
*******
Sam's 12-year stats:
aspiration: popularity
orientation: straight
turn-ons: swimwear, tidiness
turn-off: stink
LTW: Prestidigitator
notes: hopefully this is readable enough - I still feel like my brain is mush. I'm officially done moving though! Yay! :)
Ryanne and Sam... lol! That was all Ryanne's doing. She's been itching for that first kiss, and she didn't feel like waiting around for it either.
A funny fact about my high school freshman this year (Liza, Sarah, and Isaiah) - not a single one of them have been kissed yet (though Isaiah's been trying mighty hard!), while most of my jr. high kids have been kissed already. I guess we have a bunch of late bloomers this year ;)
Amusing, but not surprising... Angelo doesn't have negative attraction with a single one of these girls!
Angelo really fancies himself a poet, or at least his adoration of all things female makes him wax poetic. Maybe he should take a Shakespeare class.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love watching your Sims grow up! To think, Ryanne was a little girl when I first remember reading about her.
I just need to ask a question regarding ACR scores and attraction. Which one do you count: Total Score or Attraction Score? IE: Ryanne Total Score is 132 and her attraction is 77. Which one factors for bolts of attraction?
ReplyDeleteFrancesca, lol, he was pulling out the words in this one, huh? ;) Maybe this'll help him decide whether he wants to be a sports star, rock star, or movie star - I could maybe see him on stage, wooing the ladies with song lyrics, lol!
ReplyDeleteHe does have a sports OTH though...
I know, I can't believe Sam is turning into a little man too! He and Ryanne shocked me in this one, growing up way too fast! It's refreshing to have some of my other kids wanting to grow up a little slower.
Rome, the bolts correspond to the attraction score (the ranges are here), and that's the one I'm usually talking about when I talk about scores.
I rarely ever look at the total score, since it's only relevant when you're actually trying to get a Sim to get in bed with someone, lol! But then, that one is useful for "player" type Sims.
OMG, Angelo is truly in my heart. He is too much! I really enjoyed this post. Too bad the other school burnt down. So you're going to rebuild, or build a new one? Oh,a nd happy moving in and settling day! lol
ReplyDeleteLOL I agree with everyone else-- Angelo is surely something else!
ReplyDeleteAnd Lucy not wanting to tell her parents is so real! It's big news, exciting and daunting. I can see why she wouldn't tell. Reminds me of how Jay tells his parents big news. He tells one of his brothers and let the information work it's way through what he calls "the grapevine."
And Liza was very darling in this too. That first day of high school is a little nerve wracking. It's kinda cute that she was uncomfortable and her thoughts turned to Robbie.
I can't believe how big Sam has gotten! I love that he managed to have his first kiss on his first day of junior high. What a little charmer!
ReplyDeleteEven though it's too bad Lakeside Heights School burned down, I'm really excited to see how having all those new kids at Lake City School shakes things up.
Riverdale, I have too much fun with him, lol! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure I will rebuild. I'll probably need to, because I just have too many students to fit between just the two schools. It's gonna be crowded this year!
Lunar, thanks! For real! The grapevine will spill the beans eventually, if she doesn't do it herself first!
Hmmm, Robbie = comfort? Good eye, that must be true ;)
Sarah, I don't know how much choice Sam had in that kiss, lol! But at least now he'll have a nice reputation to get him through his middle school years :)
That picture of Elijah glaring at Angelo is too funny! Man, Angelo is already such a player! Love the screenshot of Angelo's attraction scores - my Jacob was like that. Has Angelo got the Massive Attraction bonus?
ReplyDeleteI'd probably be afraid to tell my parents I was engaged at 17 too. Yeesh...but I'm looking forward to seeing that go down. Probably best if she tells them herself and deals with the fallout. Imagine if they found out through the grapevine!
I've noticed weirdness with engagement and wedding rings too and I think I may have just figured it out! I wonder if Lucy doesn't wear it at home because Dallas proposed on a community lot (heh, did he? I think he did)? I think that could also be the reason sometimes that engagement rings don't turn into wedding rings once they get married. Most of my weddings are on community lots and most of my engagement rings are staying put post-marriage lately. Max and Zaria got married at home and I just went to check the pics in their wedding update and their rings are most definitely wedding bands.
Carla, Angelo sure is trying to be a player, isn't he? And yes, he does have the massive attraction, but so far the extra "charm" isn't working out too well for him, lol! All of the boyfriends had their eyes on him in this one.
ReplyDeleteI have definitely noticed that wedding/engagement ring thing before, and I've always wondered what made the difference there. Yes, they were on a community lot, as are most of my weddings or proposals. Dallas has his ring on all the time though (as much as I wish the guys didn't get one, lol!).
I'm also wondering if it has to do with her still being a teen. It'll be interesting to see if she has the same issue once she ages to YA.
Angelo, dear Angelo. At first I thought he was swooning over Isaiah, who reminds me of the guys I use to date back in high school and middle school.
ReplyDeleteHe certainly grew up nice! I really had no idea he was that attractive. I now have the biggest Sim crush ever. Lol.
The school posts make me miss my school days. Yeah, I was a major nerd.
L
Ha! I just about died when I read Angelo's section! You must have sooo much fun writing him!
ReplyDeleteIf I was engaged to a guy as nice as Dallas I'd so flaunt my ring, I guess Lucy's a bit more shy than I am :P
I loved the picture of Sam getting his face snogged of by Ryanne. Your post were what inspired me to start blogging because I'm a big fan of some witty humour and smooth telling of stories, both of which you can do. If you're not too busy please check out my blog - it's just starting out so there isn't much ;) Looking forwards to the next post. :)
ReplyDeleteVictoria, I know, isn't he cute!? All I did was take that hat off him and mess up his hair a little, lol! Wonder if Hazel might be changing her mind about that kiss now ;)
ReplyDeleteTessa, Angelo is an absolute joy!
Lucy's feeling a quite a bit out of her element right now, in school and home at least. I'm sure she's bragging to Summer though ;)
Shake, awww, thank you! :) I am very busy, but I'll try to take a peek when I can.
I feel for poor Lucy. For me even only the last 2 months I have been in France have felt like eternity. But she has 2 whole years. Hope she's not going to do somthing silly like drop out of school because of this.
ReplyDeleteAnd go Sam! Hehe, it's definitely a super start for a new svhool year.
Glad to hear that you're done with moving :)
Aili, oooh, hopefully Lucy knows her mother would kill her DEAD if she dropped out of school, lol! But yes, I could see some girls considering that if they were miserable enough.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to be done moving! :)