Wednesday, March 31, 2010

who are you people anyway???

*** note: I originally did this survey as part of this blog's two-year anniversary festivities, but newcomers to this blog are welcome to join "the peanut gallery" at any time ;) ***

Now I get to ask you some questions! We've known each other a couple of years now, and I'm curious about all these people behind these screen names.

You can answer as many or as few of these as you like.

1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
9. The best movie you've watched recently?
10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
14. Your favorite couple?
15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?

Thanks for letting me pick your brain :)

58 comments:

  1. This could be interesting to read on others. :D

    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be? - Family. Then ether Pleasure/Knowledge for secondary.

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? - Adult, God willing LOTS of days remaining! lol

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with? Natural Dk. Brown

    4. Where do you live? USA; less then 100,000 population *Actually grew up in Illinois and spent a lot of time in Michigan*

    5. What's your living situation? Married with many little wild things (kids), and two cats.

    6. What's your star sign, baby? Aries

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life? Anything immoral! IRL I wouldn't be sympathetic with, say, Annie Carver (in my hood)... cheating is just not cool. But it's fun to watch/write/play.

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently? Reading David Copperfield, again. I'm addicted to classic literature.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently? Who knows... we get Netflix, but I've been on a TV kick lately.. flashforward, lost, chuck, office.... with all that tv, I haven't had time for movies. I really want to see Alice in Wonderland, huge fan of the books and Tim Burton.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music? Brandi Carlile, Ingrid Michaelson, Radiohead, Death cab for cutie, norah jones, and rock bands too. I go through phases.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read? January 2009. Nope, I didn't remember the first story I read, so I went back... and I don't know the first per say (I've done lots of back reading), I just know that I read leisurely in the beginning. Became more addicted in March of 2009.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read? Well here's where it's tricky! I do almost all of my sims/blog reading on my iphone. Unfortunately I can't comment from it to your blog (and a few others), because the same page pop up of the security code does not come up on the phone. So I have to remember to come on here from my computer when I'm back home.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH? Geez, that's tough. I'm a big Tyler fan, and Beau... April, Jodie, Hayden and Ryanne... Stephanie.... probably a shorter list if you asked who weren't my favorites.

    14. Your favorite couple? Tyler and Summer...

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about? Who the heck dies! Oh my gosh, like it's been driving me crazy since you rolled this, and um... that was a while ago. You can always whisper it to me, I won't tell. And btw if you were a book right now, I'd have skipped ahead just to see. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    --Family/Knowledge

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? Adult-Forever would be nice :P

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with? Black/Brown, yes

    4. Where do you live? The surburbs of a big city

    5. What's your living situation? Married with asthmatic cat

    6. What's your star sign, baby? Aquarius

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life? Sleep with more than one sim

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently? A book of short stories and some non-fiction health books.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently? My attention span doesn't really last through a movie-but I did see Princess and the Frog


    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    All kinds, as long as the lyrics are decent and not degrading

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read? Hmm, for a long time. I think Amelia's study aboard was about the time I started reading, not too sure.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read? Morning, in the loft with the asthmatic cat sitting in front of the monitor


    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH? April...Jodie...Keri...April...Jodie


    14. Your favorite couple? Orion and Violet;


    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about? April and Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't post here as often as the others, but I'm a very loyal reader so I might as well give it a go!

    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be? Hmm, probably Knowledge/Fortune
    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;) Adult, wish it was YA!
    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with? Blonde naturally but maybe lightened slightly ;)
    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town? Small city in rainy Ireland
    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals? Single, live alone
    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;) A virginal Virgo ;)
    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life? Have lots of babies!
    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently? Currently reading Nightwood by Djuna Barnes
    9. The best movie you've watched recently? Alice In Wonderland! <3 Tim Burton
    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music? Fave band is Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. Amazing lyrics.
    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read? Well over a year anyway, first story was the neighbourhood overview
    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read? Read at home, whenever I find an update!
    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH? Oh, so many! I like Amelia and Stephanie. And Charlotte!
    14. Your favorite couple? Heather and Adam.
    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about? Leila and Corbin! And like everyone else, I'm eager to see how this war pans out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'll post all my own answers to this too on Sunday - well, except for the "how long have you been reading" type questions, lol!

    Maisie, yay, I grew up in Michigan! (I probably already told you guys that.)

    You know, that was my first thought when I was thinking of what my own answer for that question would be, what wouldn't you do? I would swear up and down that I'd never cheat, but just having had to write some of these cheaty-type storylines, man, I can see how easy and torturous it could be to fall into!

    I'm dying to see Alice in Wonderland! And LOVE your taste in music! :)

    LOL, can't tell you who dies ;)

    Apple, lol @ your favorites! You'll be happy with the upcoming selection of prominent stories then ;)

    Awww, Orion and Violet! Aren't they adorable? :)

    Roxie, oh yay, I want to hear from everybody! You guys who comment less are the ones I know the least about! :)

    I love your answer for what you wouldn't do in real life, with all the babies, lol! Man, I might have to steal that one for my own answers! It's vicarious breeding, what we do with these poor Sims - I love to give them lots of babies, but in real life I have one and sometimes I wonder if that's enough!

    Awww, Heather and Adam! They're sweet too. You guys don't get to hear much from them, do you? Everybody else has so much drama that all my sweet couples get pushed to the background to have babies and be blissful, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Family/Pleasure
    2. Adult. If you're going by a sim day = 1 year than probably at least 25 days
    3. My hair is black and it's the same hair color I was born in
    4. I live on the in between 2 "project" neighbourhoods, in an old Italian family neighbourhood. We actually have all four seasons.
    5. Still living with mother. My brother is here as well as dad's sister and her 2 daughters. We've almost reached max capacity. Dad lives over in another neighbourhood with his 2nd wife and 3 children.
    6. Real zodiac wise, I'm an Aries
    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    8. A World Without End by Ken Follett
    9. I really liked Avatar
    10. I'm a big fan of neosoul music and jazz
    11. The first story I remember was Lucy and Dallas, before they started dating but I do remember that Lucy had just become a teen.
    12. In the middle of the day when I'm supposed to be working
    13. Lucy and Dallas (I really can't choose just one)
    14. Lucy and Dallas
    15. Beau and April

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be? - Family/fortune

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? - Adult, hopefully I have a lot of days left! :)

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with? - Natural Brown

    4. Where do you live? - I live in Belgium, a little country in Europe. I live in a town called Mechelen, but I grew up in Bonheiden (I know these names aren't easy to say in English, I'm sorry)

    5. What's your living situation? - I live alone, wich makes me happy sometimes and unhappy some other times, but my parents, sister and friends don't live too far away.

    6. What's your star sign, baby? - Sagittarius

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life? - Almost everything! It's just fun to play and to write about almost everything!

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently? - Romantic rubbish, as always :)

    9. The best movie you've watched recently? - I don't realy have a favourite one, I like to wacht all kinds of things

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music? - All kinds of music...

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read? - I don't know when I found LH, I just know that when I found it I started reading back.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read? - It depends on my workshedule, when I work early I read after my work, but when I work late, I read before work. I always read at home or at my parents home.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH? - I don't really have a favorite... but I like Bella, and Summer and Dallas and Lucy and ....

    14. Your favorite couple? - I have several favorites; Tyler and Summer; Dallas and Lucy, ... as all the rest don't have a favorite :)

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about? - I want to know how the war ends, who dies, how some relationship evolve, ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went and read everyone else's answers too - this is so fun! :D

    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    You know how Pleasure Sims always roll up the want to Stay Home from Work? Yeah, that's me every day. And Pleasure Sims also love sitting around in their PJs and watching TV and playing computer games. Sounds good to me!

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Adult, though some may disagree! Hopefully, I have many, many days remaining!

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Dark brown. I've never dyed it.

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    Sydney, Australia. Population 4.5 million - I think we can safely call it a city!

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    No S/O or sprogs but I have three dogs.

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    I'm a Taurus and quite a typical one. Make of that what you will.

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    Sleep around? Have a gajillion babies? Neither of those things are really me!

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    I'm reading Cold Comfort Farm but it's taking me a long time. I like it but I keep getting distracted. ;)

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    The last one I saw was Shutter Island, which I liked much more than I was expecting to.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    Most of it could loosely be termed "rock", which is so vague. My top 5 bands are probably Wilco, Pavement, the Beatles, You Am I and Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. I don't know if any of those bands have much in common, apart from all being guitar-based.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    I don't remember when I started reading but it was before I started my own blog, so pre November '08. Let's say September, as a conservative estimate. It could have been before then. The first one I read was whatever the first entry on the blog is. I always go back and read from the very beginning when I find a new blog (even though I advise anyone who finds mine not to!).

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    Usually, I read at home in the bedroom but I have read at school in the classroom at lunch time. If I'm not working, I read roughly at about 10am. Otherwise, I read between 3:30 and 5pm.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    Oh gosh...I love April, Amelia, Dallas, Lucy, Angelo, Bella - so many! So in answer to your question, I don't know. LOL.

    14. Your favorite couple?
    This one I know. Dallas and Lucy!
    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    I am both looking forward to and dreading reading more about the war. I don't want anyone to die but I'm anxious to find out who does at the same time.

    I also want to see Lucy's parents reaction to her and Dallas's engagement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    Ummm... probably Family/Knowledge, and I'd dislike blonde hair and like artistic and great cooks!
    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Life Stage: Teen, Days remaining: I guess 3 or four? (Hopefully going 2 Uni!)
    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Dark dark brown, and yes, I've never dyed it, although I'm seriously considering going black right now for the fun of it!
    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    Small city, pretty dinky actually, perhaps a large town?
    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    Living with parents, have two hamsters!
    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Cancer! (Doesn't that sound ominous!)
    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    Um... date? Ha! I don't really date that much, I have a steady boyfriend but we're really quite awkward.
    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    I'm re-reading the Foundation novels by Isaac Asimov, I love that guy!
    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    I really haven't gone to the movies recently :(
    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Coldplay, I'm a Coldplay freak!
    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    I've been reading for about three months, and I started all the way from the beginning and worked my way up! Yes, I have no life :P
    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    About 6 at night, on the family computer, usually right after band practice and dinner.
    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    Jodie, hands down. Lol, I love that girl!
    14. Your favorite couple?
    Once again... tough one. Lucy and Dallas are pretty high on the list though.
    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    Pretty much any storyline you feel like writing *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    -- Popularity/Knowledge or Pleasure/Knowledge (I've thought about this before LOL)

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? Young Adult...with many days remaining :D

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with? Black/Brown, natural

    4. Where do you live? The surburbs of one of the biggest cities in the country!

    5. What's your living situation? Moving out in a few months

    6. What's your star sign, baby? Sagitarrius

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life? Sleep in underwear every night (even in the winter)

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently? A Farewell to Arms

    9. The best movie you've watched recently? Pineapple Express has been on rerun for the last 2 weeks haha

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    Radiohead, Animal Collective, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read? I don't remember how long, but it was right after the story about Amelia studying abroad was uploaded

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read? Usually late at night, when I'm procrastinating on work in my room

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    Hmmm probably Amelia

    14. Your favorite couple? Orion and Violet;
    Max and Valerie...even though he's kinda slimy, I love that his #1 is his family

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about? Robbie and Liza! I love them two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?

    Knowledge aspiration, most definitely. Traits: Absent minded, bookworm, friendly, loner, and slob

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)

    Adult, and if my dad's an indicator, a long time.

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?

    Very dark brown, looks black until I'm out in the sunlight. And I'm already getting grays, but I'm too lazy to color.

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?

    Very strange place, Steinbeck Country-- Monterey Bay, CA. We're more open air than buildings here, most buildings are two stories at the most. And the town I live in only has 20,000 people.

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?

    Jay and two cats. It's like having three kids sometimes, lol.

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)

    Aquarius.

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?

    Everything and anything. In real life, I'm pretty boring.

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?

    Brent Weeks, Shadow's Edge. It's the second in a trilogy. Pretty good, I can't put it down and have to watch when I read it. Like it's one of those books I can't read before bed or I won't get to sleep.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?

    You know, I don't watch a lot of movies. And when I do, I don't usually remember them. Uh, Avatar was pretty awesome, but just for the visuals and the 3D which was really well done.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?

    I'm all over the map. Music is usually just background noise for me. Stuff I've liked recently include Metric, Imogen Heap, Ingrid Michaelson, and some Owl City.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?

    How long has it been, lol? It has been a while it seems. My first post. The graveyard fetish entry!

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?

    I enjoy reading when it's quiet here and I have time. That usually means in the morning right before I go to work or sometimes between jobs or on lunch.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?

    Jodie right now, but you know it can depend on my mood sometimes.

    14. Your favorite couple?

    Piper and Hayden, I think. She's so cute, and he's so mature so young! I guess having a teen-aged daughter tends to do that to you.

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?

    The war of course, but also Lucy and Dallas! I have a bad feeling about those two. They're so young, and you know there's that bubble she seems to make. It might not take much to burst it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be? Aspiration Family. Traits well laziness would be one of them.
    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? I am the adult stage. Im 33 so that leaves me plenty of sim days left.
    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with? Right now light brown with blonde highlights. My natural hair color by now is dark brown with several gray hairs.
    4. Where do you live? I live in Chicago, Il.
    5. What's your living situation? I live with my mom, my husband and my two brother-in-laws live in our basement.
    6. What's your star sign, baby? Cancer
    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life? I let them have triplets and quadruplet births.
    8. What are you currently reading? I am so into audiobooks right now. I am reading this awesome book titled, "What Doesn't Kill You" by Virginia DeBerry and Donna Grant. I love it so far.
    9. The best movie you've watched recently? I just watched the proposal with Sandra Bullock . I know I am so terrible.
    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music? Right now I am into a Dominican group called Aventura. They sing songs that would fall in the Bachata category.
    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read? I have been reading LH for about a year. I found it by googling hacks. I remember I was at work bored and managed to see this and thought to myself, "wow, could I perhaps try this to?" It was at a time when I was getting so bored of my sims.
    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH? I like Summer and Tyler.
    14. Your favorite couple? Summer and Tyler are my favorite couple. I know ....I know they are broken up. One can still hope right?
    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about? I honestly and truly like all of the story lines. I love the way the neighborhood just flows. I get a mini story every time I read your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    I'd probably be a Knowledge Sim, with maybe a Pleasure secondary because I agree with Carla--staying home from work and wearing my PJs all day? I'm in! ;)

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Adult. Turning 30 in just four months (yikes!), so hopefully I still have a lot of days remaining.

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Dark brown, with a reddish tint. Yep, it's my natural color because I'm too lazy to keep up with coloring my hair, lol!

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    I live outside of a small town, out in the country with a cotton field in front of me and behind me.

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    Live with my husband and our zoo which is currently 2 dogs and 4 cats. Trying to find a home for one of the cats (a stray that took up residence at our house), but we're also talking about getting some chickens and a goat.

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Leo. Rawr.

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    Cheat on their partners, use the bubble blower (those are SO not bubbles in there, lol!), get so drunk that they randomly propose to other people or streak.

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    Right now I'm reading the Baby-Sitters Club prequel, The Summer Before by Ann M. Martin. Hee. :) I can't help it, I still love the BSC and have almost the entire collection (I'm missing just one book!) so I was very excited when I found out AMM was releasing a prequel.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    Okay, so we never go to the movies. We always rent them later from Netflix. We just watched Couples Retreat recently and it was pretty entertaining.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    I like a little of everything, but my favorites are Led Zeppelin and The Cure. My parents were teenagers when I was born and so they would always blast that kind of music throughout the house on lazy afternoons. ;)

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    I can't remember how I found your blog, but it apparently was right after you started it because I remember that the first entry I read was the Meet the Jackson family one. But I always lurk for a while on a new blog, so it took me a long time before I started commenting!

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    Um, I usually read while I'm supposed to be working, lol! ;)

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    I have several--Lucy, Dallas, Piper, Amelia, Beau, April, Summer, Tyler, and even Max. ;)

    14. Your favorite couple?
    Lucy and Dallas! <3

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    The war one, definitely. I'm anxious to find out who doesn't come back. :( But I'm also interested in Lucy and Dallas and how they'll get through the time apart and how Lucy's mom will react to their engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always lurk, but this seems like fun so I'll give it a try...

    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    I'd most likely be Knowledge/Pleasure. Odd combination, I know.
    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    YA.
    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Blond, and born with it. The purple in it, I wasn't... Shh. :)
    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    Some where in Montana. 2nd largest town, but still very small...
    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    I have two dogs, a lab and a Heeler mix.
    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Cancer the crab.
    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    sleep around.
    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    "Velocity" by Dean Koontze.
    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    Montey Python and the Holy Grail... lol
    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    Rammstein, Queen, The Mammas and the Pappas
    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    I've been reading for about... a year, I guess.
    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    I normally read in math class... I can afford to not pay attenion in that class.
    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    Lucy, no contest.
    14. Your favorite couple?
    Lucy and Dallas, they are so sweet.
    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    April's story is interesting, and I really want to see more of Tyler and Summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I've been lurking for about 6 months now, and I'm so jumping in!

    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    -Pleasure/Family

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining?
    -Young Adult with lots of days remaining (hopefully)

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    -brown, nope born blonde

    4. Where do you live?
    -In one of the bigger cities of Alabama

    5. What's your living situation?
    -I live with my almost fiance. (I'm engaged to be engaged, & in no hurry)

    6. What's your star sign, baby? - Sagittarius

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    -Lol going on three different dates in one night?

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    -Lol, right now I'm reading JUST Sims stuff. I need to find me some new good series! I loved the Sookie Stackhouse Novels.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    -Hmm.. I really enjoyed Shutter Island, and Inglorious Bastards was amazing.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music? - I'm all over the place. I like Jam bands, and electronic house music. Widespread Panic, MGMT, Phoenix, Lady GaGa (Guilty Pleasure), Death Cab. I go to a lot of shows.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read? - I've been reading for about six months. I found you at Valley Sun Sims through the Samantha Bradshaw project, I thought it was really neat so I read through everything. And then re-installed all my Sims 2 games and dropped Sims 3.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read? - usually in the morning on my couch.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH? - Eepp! I love Summer, Amelia, Bella, Keri, Lucy, Piper. I can't choose one!

    14. Your favorite couple? - Again, Summer&Tyler, Lucy&Dallas, Hayden&Piper, Drew&Amelia.

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about? - I don't know! I love all of it, especially your gameplay posts on the behind the scenes stuff. You're an amazing writer, I've whole days at a time just reading!

    Okay! So now that I've got that first comment in, I hope to become a much more involved reader ;D Happy Blogsversary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    Knowledge/Pleasure I think

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Adult. 20 days remaining.

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Black. Yes.

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    I left Paris three months ago to live there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goyave.

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    I'm single but currently live with my mother and my sisters.

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Taurus.

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    Purposely being single mother.

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    Invictus.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    Dancehall, contemporary R&B and salsa music.
    My current obsession is Vybz Kartel which is an Jamaican artist.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    I don't know why but I clearly remember "pretty faces and the nose whe inherit". I'm a long time lurker. Bear with me.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    Whenever I feel like.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    Keri, Jodie and Melissa.

    14. Your favorite couple?
    Dallas and Lucy

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    Borrowed this answer from Tessa: Pretty much any storyline you feel like writing *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    I'd like to think I'm Family/Knowledge, but in reality I'm really Knowledge/Family.
    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Adult, roughly 10950 days from Elder, Lord willing. :)
    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Naturally black
    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    I live in the Hampton Roads Metro area of Virginia, near Virginia Beach
    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    Married for almost 1 year with two Yorkshire terriers
    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Taurus
    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    This is a good question which led to introspection. I struggle with allowing my Sims to fail (e.g. not do homework or a term paper, drop out of school, get fired, have affairs, get divorced). I'm not saying I never fail at anything, but I'm a perfectionist and push myself, so it's hard for me to let my Sims slack off
    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    Unfortunately, I haven't had much time for reading books lately.
    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    I've watched a lot of movies recently, but to be honest the last movie that I really enjoyed was Iron Man.
    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    I like Motown and classical music.
    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    I started reading LH during Christmas of '08 when I was laid up with the stomach flu. I can't remember exactly what the first story was, but I think it was when Piper, Mariah and Bella were in college.
    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    I often read LH at my desk at work while I'm having lunch.
    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    This is hard. I like so many characters... Jodie, Bella, Mariah and Keri, Beau and Tyler
    14. Your favorite couple?
    Another hard question... I really like Lucy/Dallas and Bella/Cameron. I hope I don't get stoned by Piper's fans, but I was rooting for Drew and Jodie.
    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    I am definitely anxious to see the aftermath of the war. I'm also curious to see what happens with Corbin and Leila.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?

    Clumsy, Vegetarian, Bookworm, Loner, Workaholic

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)

    End of YA/Beginning of Adult, though I guess it depends what age you think the boundary between the two is (TS3 style, don't know TS2 ages).

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?

    Brown/Blonde. There is probably some of my natural brown in the current colour but not much.

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?

    Sheffield, a large city in the North of England

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?

    Just me

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)

    Pisces

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?

    Sleep with ghosts!

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?

    The Silver Linings Play Book by Matthew Quick

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?

    A Single Man

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?

    Indie, grunge, electronica, 80s pop, rock...

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?

    I started at the beginning a few months ago.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?

    At home, usually in the evening.

    13. Favourite character?

    Amelia, Lucy, Dallas, Jodie

    14. Your favorite couple?

    Micah and Mariah

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?

    The war!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Correction to #14, I hope to don't anger Amelia's fans by rooting for Drew and Jodie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laura, this is so much fun!! Ok,

    1. If I were a Sim, I’d be a Family/Knowledge Sim.
    2. Shannon is 41. (Link to her profile HERE, lol.)
    3. Custom haircolor-dark, dark blonde with red highlights. Light blonde fake highlights added.
    4. I live in a uni town.
    5. I live with my lover of 25 years, who is also my hubby, my two daughters, and a sweet, 9 year old Doberman Pinscher we brought from India when we moved.
    6. I’m a Pisces. 7 neat, 6 active, 4 shy, 3 playful (would like to be more), and 8 nice.
    7. In RL, I wouldn’t cohabit before marriage or cheat on my husband. I definitely put everyone else on Friend Zone! I wouldn’t have more kids than I can afford or take care of properly either, because I can’t hit the pause button! And I would never, ever get someone else to write my term paper.
    8. Non-Sims reading, The Secret Life of Bees (absolutely awesome,) Copper Sun, Memoirs of a Geisha (for second time, with my daughter), reading aloud with my younger daughter, The Cat who Came in From the Cold, and of course, reading the DSM-IV on Substance Abuse, for the counseling job I’m in the middle of applying for.
    9. Usually the academy awards movies are not the best, in my opinion, but Hurt Locker was really good.
    10. Eclectic. Basically I don’t like country, but I like Celtic, classical, new age, some indie, folksy jazz or folksy rock, some hip-hop, classic rock, some pop, in that order. Oh, I like showtunes sometimes.
    11. I think I’ve been reading LH since it was about a year old. I definitely can not remember the first post I read, because I went back and read the all again at some point.
    12. I usually read early in the morning before work, around 5:30 to 6:00, at the kitchen table with my coffee.
    13. I’m not too good on having favorites. It is too hard to pick. But maybe Mariah, if I had to pick.
    14. Ditto 13
    15. Leila Watts, how you continue to develop the war storyline (I admired you tackling it and its been really good), Summer

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maisie I also love classical literature and Tim Burton!! I don't know how many times I've read Wuthering Heights and Pride and Prejudice.

    Carla, the more I play the Sims, the more of those pleasure wants I'm rolling up. I may have to switch over to Pleasure as a secondary. Also, I can't wait to see Shutter Island.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    knowledge/family
    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    somewhere between young adult and adult
    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with? black, yes
    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town? city
    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    I live in an apartment with four roommates. I'm single.
    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    libra
    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    I'm a pretty straight-laced person, but I like letting my Sims be bad sometimes.
    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    The Satanic Verses
    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    I don't watch a lot of movies.
    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    Belle & Sebastian, Wilco, The Beatles
    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    I've probably been reading for about a year now. It was one of the first Sim blogs I found. I don't remember what I read first, but I do know that I almost immediately went to the beginning so I could figure out who all these people were.
    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    in the morning when I'm getting ready for the day
    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    I like a lot of them, but I can really relate to Jodie (although I don't think I'm as grouchy as she is).
    14. Your favorite couple?
    Dallas and Lucy are so freaking adorable.
    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    the war

    ReplyDelete
  22. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be? Romance/Fortune with a bit of Family.

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)YA, hopefully quite a few!

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with? Electric blue but my natural is black.

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol) city, country, suburbs, small town? A city in MA but I spend the other half of my time in Tokyo, Japan.

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals? My fiance, twin daughters and a Japanese Chin.

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)Cancer

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life? Get into fights.

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. I live for her work. I also enjoy (to the extreme) manga(AKA Japanese comics)

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?Our Family Wedding

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?Tokio Hotel is my favorite partially because the lead singer, Bill Kaulitz, is delish. I enjoy international music like German Rock(Tokio Hotel), French rap(M Pokora) Greek pop(Elena Paprizou) and Japanese anything.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?I think a year. I've been trying for a while but there was so many posts I got confused. My first was the introduction to the Miguel/Jackson family.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?Afternoons or morning. In my little makeshift computer room.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH? Cameron even if it's just to make fun of his lack of intelligence in the comments.lol

    14. Your favorite couple?A tie between Cameron and Bella and my little dream couple of JOdie and Corbin.

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about? All of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. like lindsey, i've been lurking for about 6 months, but this seems like a fun quiz, so here goes! :)

    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    Knowledge/Pleasure. Turn ons would be logic and fitness, turn offs would be the stink.

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Between YA and Adult.

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Between dark brown and black, never dyed it before.

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    Singapore - it's a city-state in Asia.

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    With my parents, sister and a handsome cat.

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Pisces.

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    Umm, repeatedly "admire" people they just met 'til romantic interactions become available. Hehe.

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    Currently reading a book on improving judo techniques. Best thing I've read (not so recently) is Robert Jordan's Wheel Of Time epic fantasy series.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    Juno.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    Five For Fighting! Coldplay, Cranberries, Jason Mraz, I could go on...

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    About 6 months? I think I went some time back, the entry with Matthew and Leila - i remember a part where you said the eldest kid always seemed to grow up overnight, and you aged the Felicity up before her time as all the babies at home were getting too much of a handful. I love your in-depth entries on chemistry, height, etc. Makes LH seem so much more like a real world!

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    I read at home, usually in the middle of the night.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    April, without a doubt. :)

    14. Your favorite couple?
    Max and Valerie.

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    April and Beau!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi. Wow, I've been reading your blog for a couple months, and I must say, it's awesome. I've been an avid Simmer for...since the first game came out, but I never realized just how in depth you can get with it until now. Anyway...
    1. Definitely knowledge.
    3. Brown, natural til I go grey.
    4. I'm going with suburb...doesn't really fit anything else.
    6. Scorpio, baby!
    7. Sometimes they get engaged on the first date.
    8. Mmm...I love any book that's sci fi or fantasy...nothing in particular, though.
    9.Urgh...there's so many...
    10. Band: The Beatles; Music: Classic Rock.
    11. I've been reading since mid-January of this year...read your whole blog in 3 weeks. The first entry (which got me hooked) was the one where Fiona met the cult lady or something.
    12. Any time, any where.
    13. Hmm...Lucy probably. Maybe April or Jodie.
    14. Lucy and Dallas, or maybe Beau and April.
    15. Who dies? Who's pregnant? And what's going on with April and Beau?

    ReplyDelete
  25. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be? knowledge/fortune
    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? Adult
    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with? Blonde, not technically, I had white hair when I was young.
    4. Where do you live? Kind of Country/suburbs
    5. What's your living situation? Awesome Hubby and 3 dogs (my babies)
    6. What's your star sign, baby? Virgo
    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life? Nothing yet (just started to play)
    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently? Pillars of Time
    9. The best movie you've watched recently? How to train your Dragon / Star Trek
    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music? Alternative
    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read? December '09ish
    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read? When it shows up in my Google Reader. (Thank-you for not chopping the episode in Reader)
    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH? Amelia
    14. Your favorite couple? Dallas and Lucy (they are too cute)
    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about? Will Amelia ever settle down and get married? What is going on with Fiona?

    ReplyDelete
  26. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    Knowledge/Family
    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Adult, seeking aging cheats :)
    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Red, and no – was dark brown.
    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    Medium-sized town in New Zealand
    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    Me, cats, birds, fish, neighbours’ cats that think they live here too, random other critters that stay to recuperate after I rescue them from aforementioned cats… 6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Libra
    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    Romance sims, enough said :)
    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)?
    “In my Mother’s House” by Elizabeth Winthrop… + too many textbooks
    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    Actually can’t remember the last time I watched a full movie!
    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    Wide range of stuff…
    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    Probably been reading about a year… I’m not sure which story I read first but it was Piper & Hayden that got me hooked…
    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    Read at home, whenever I see a new update… and occasionally sneak a look at work :)
    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    14. Your favorite couple?
    For both of the above… too hard to narrow down to just one of each!
    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    The war and the other ROS storylines.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?

    Knowledge.
    sloppy. vegetative introvert. playful.

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)

    Adult. Who can really predict when the end would come? Especially with the ROS thingy. LOL.

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?

    An island with 2nd highest population density.

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)

    Pisces

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?

    Punching one of the former presidents of a powerful nation.

    Psychotic murder, which is ROS, still trying to see how that can be worked into a short story.

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    Books by Paulo Coelho. I like Salman Rushdie's narrative style. He is hularious as a storyteller.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    Slumdog Millionaire.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    Organically grown folk or world music, such as Baka Beyond. The 7. Yo Yo Ma. Ulali.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    March or April last year.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    Tyler.

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    Samantha Bradshaw's character development. I would imagine it would be quite a challenge to pull together a coherent one from multiple storytellers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy easter!
    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be? Family.
    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? Adult, hopefully lot of happy days left.
    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with? Blonde and yes, it's also my natural colour.
    4. Where do you live? I live in the second biggest city in Estonia, with around 100, 000 citizens.
    5. What's your living situation? Living with my S/O, no kids or pets.
    6. What's your star sign, baby? Scorpio.
    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life? Have woohoo when my children are watching :)
    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? I'm in the middle of an Estonian book „The man who knew the snake language“.
    9. The best movie you've watched recently? Just yesterday watched „The Shawshank Redemption“, very catching.
    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music? There's so many of them, but my all time favourite song is Modjo „Lady“. Also like Sting, Sade, Phil Collins, Simply red etc.
    11. How long have you been reading LH? I have followd LH about a year now.
    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read? Mostly at work, during the lunch break.
    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH? Amelia
    14. Your favorite couple? Justin and Keri
    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about? Will Lucy and Dallas stay together and of course, how the war will end.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, wow, WOW! Look at all of these!

    Thanks for filling this out, guys, I loved reading every single one of them! I had intended to respond to each of these, but I had no idea there would be so many, lol! I'll try to get to everyone throughout the night, even if just briefly. I'll post my answers later too.

    But first, I wanted to say hi, and welcome, to all the delurkers in the past couple days!!! So glad to have you reading with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This took me a while. Plus you don't really know me because I am a super lurker.

    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    Sims 2 - Knowledge with a secondary of either Pleasure or Family, it's hard to tell. Sims 3 - my boyfriend made sim me Artistic, Bookworm, Excitable, Neurotic and Over-Emotional. Gosh!

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Just finished Young Adult but I still feel like a teen!

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Black, and no!

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    Small town.

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    Currently live with my little sister but I'm hopefully moving in with some friends soon.

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Aquarius.

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    Cheat. Cheating is bad, folks! But it makes for good Sim drama.

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    House of Leaves, although it's a bit heavy going because it is, quite frankly, insane.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    Ghost in the Shell.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    The Dresden Dolls or Patrick Wolf.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    Omg I'm not sure. Quite a while, and I started from the beginning so I had to spend ages catching up!

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    Whenever an update pops up on GoogleReader!

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    This is such a cop-out answer but I can't choose.

    14. Your favorite couple?
    Hayden and Piper, I think.

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    All of them! The war's getting really interesting. Also, what the heck April.

    ReplyDelete
  31. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    Family - Pleasure.

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Teen! So hopefully a lot of days left!

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Medium brown, and yes, it’s all natural. Unlike my sister’s bleach blonde (fake as hell, lol!) hair.

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!)
    city, country, suburbs, small town?
    I live in New York, near the city.

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    I live with my dad and my step mom, and my black lab Beauty.

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Taurus - Born April 28th (same day as Jessica Alba, hahaha)

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    I would say cheating and drowning, lol.

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    I just finished a chick novel called “I was a Non Blonde Cheerleader.”
    Don’t judge.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    PRECIOUS. Oh my goodness, touching, beautiful, heart wrenching, and Mo’Nique totally deserved that Oscar.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    LADY GAGA and Beyonce. LOL everybody’s probably laughing at me.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    I began late April, early May. I don’t want a job either was my first post, I think. And the first post you posted when I started having to wait for updates was tethered.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read? I usually read on weekends and after school, at my laptop… so all around the house.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    Jodie! And Piper, Sophie, Mariah, Charlotte, Justin, Hazel, and more!
    14. Your favorite couple?
    Piper and Hayden. Or maybe Beau and April.

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    The oops preggy ROS. Oh my, Laura, I can’t wait any longer!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Okay, let's get to crackin' on these things ;)

    Rome, I'm very eager to see Avatar! And LOL, I always love that you guys read this thing while you're working! I'm a SAHM, so I guess that means I read Sim blogs at work too ;)

    Tanja, I agree! It's the most fun thing about having all these Sims to experiment with, all the different kinds of lives we could have lived :)

    Carla, LOL @ stay home from work! You'd better believe, if I had an actual job (lol!) I'd want to stay home from it! I think there's probably a disproportional amount of pleasure Sims among us - we are all gamers, after all.

    Awww, who doesn't love Dallas and Lucy? :)

    Tessa, oooh, I love Coldplay too! It reminds me of falling in love with my hubby :)

    Non-Anon, LOL, I think of people in RL in terms of aspirations ALL the time! And oooh, good music!

    Yay for Max and Valerie! They have a very special kind of love, don't they? :)

    Lunar, OMG, I hear you on the men count for additional children, lol!

    And yay, well you know I love Ingrid! :)

    And heart-farts for Piper and Hayden. I can't even imagine those two not together anymore, which makes me feel bad about Rhianna sometimes. I often wonder what would have happened if Rhianna hadn't died, if he'd have still met Piper, what kind of drama would that have caused?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Bernz, ah, but Summer and Tyler are never *really* broken up ;) I love Sandra Bullock movies too, lol! We'll keep it a secret.

    Shana, wow, I never knew you were so much out in the country! Where I grew up was country-ish, and we totally had goats and chickens, lol! My dad always liked animals :)

    Anagram, hi and welcome! Knowledge/pleasure is awesome! I always waffle between thinking of myself as knowledge/pleasure, or family/pleasure - definitely have to get the pleasure in there though, lol!

    Lindsey, hi and welcome! Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :) Yeah, I know, three dates in one night would be pretty tough to pull off, lol!

    Miss-essa, oh, wow, that is a long time to lurk, lol! I'm glad to hear from you :) And awww, thanks! I love that you guys are able to enjoy so many of the stories!

    Snarky, I was just at Virginia Beach last weekend, and I thought of you! :) I love your days from elder, lol!

    It really is hard to allow them to fail sometimes, I've definitley felt that a time or two. Though you know, once you get started, it's really quite fun to let them fail, lol!

    Rad, LOL @ sleep with ghosts! Good answer! I'm glad you all are eager to see the outcome of the war, because I'm very excited to share it with you!

    Francesca, my hubby's been talking about Hurt Locker, and I saw the movie version of The Secret Life of Bees (I'm sure the book was probably better - it usually is!)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sarah, the Salman Rushdie Satanic Verses? How do you like it? I haven't read him before, but I'd like to. (I know, what kind of writer hasn't read Salman Rushdie before? lol!)

    Victoria, oooh, electric blue hair! Love it! :) And wow, what has you traveling between MA and Japan?

    LOL @ Jodie and Corbin! I'll let you dream about them though ;) Actually, it'd be fun to hear about all the unlikely pairings you guys might have in mind. Maybe you'd think of something I haven't thought of yet.

    in transit, hi and welcome! LMAO @ admire until romantic interactions become available! That's got to be the best answer yet! :)

    Oh, I LOVED Juno! Loved it! Great music too!

    Ostrich, hi and welcome! So glad you're enjoying it! :) LOL @ engaged on the first date! That's some awesome Simming though - I don't know if I've ever been able to accomplish that myself!

    Yay for the Beatles!

    And yeah, what the heck is going on with April and Beau? ;)

    I'll catch up on the rest of these tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Kara-Jane, hi and welcome! Glad to hear from you! I think Amelia's parents are wondering the same thing, lol! ;)

    Blackcat, LOL @ "seeking aging cheats". Is that like the revitalizing anti-wrinkle cream aisle? ;) And the hair-dye aisle (which I meant to mention to Lunar, a few comments back, that I got my first gray hairs at 22, lol!).

    Awww, Hayden and Piper :)

    lepifera, LOL @ the ROS! Too true, who really knows, right? :)

    Another Salman Rushdie fan! I'm gonna have to read this guy, stat! And I enjoyed Slumdog Millionaire too!

    Aili, oooh, I remember those days living with my hubby before the kid came along. Those were nice times! (Not that having the kid isn't nice too, lol!) Which just might tie into the the "not having woohoo when the children are watching" thing ;)

    Zoe, hi and welcome! Wow, I'm always impressed when you guys want to read all the way from the beginning! And it's okay, I couldn't pick a favorite either ;)

    Billy, nothing wrong with a few guilty pleasures, lol!

    I'm very eager to see Precious. I have to wait for most of these to come out on Netflix though, lol!

    And sorry to say, but that preggy ROS is the one you'll have to wait the longest to find out! Oh, isn't it torture??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I hope I didn't miss responding to anyone. And in fairness, since you all answered them, I will too ;)

    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    Pleasure primary, like so many of you - stay home from work, go out, dream date with my honey, play a game, if I thought I might be able to swing on my refrigerator door without tipping it over, I'd probably try ;) Secondary family, probably, for the enjoyment of being married, playing with and talking to family members, but not so much for the buttload of kids part, 1 or 2 is plenty for me. Though I might also go for knowledge, for the curiosity and drive to learn new things, fascination with ghosts and stargazing.

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Adult, 31 years remaining until elder ;)

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Now, brownish-red. No, not natural. I can't really remember my natural color, but I think it was some kind of mousy light brown.

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    Suburbia! (Metro DC)

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    2 animals = husband and son ;)

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;) Virgo.

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    You guys had some really great answers for this one, lol! I don't know, there really isn't a lot I could swear I *would never* do. I like to think I'd never cheat on my husband, but then you know, I haven't met Corbin Gray, lol!

    Just kidding, honey, if you happen to be reading! It wouldn't be Corbin - it'd probably be Micah or Drew or Justin, lol! Or any of these super-cute, funny, sweet dudes, whom I all draw on my husband for inspiration for, which means, I probably wouldn't need to cheat ;)

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    I just finished reading The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz, which was super-awesome! I'm now picking through a book of short stories by Lorrie Moore. And just started Paint it Black by Janet Fitch.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently? 500 days of Summer - an indie romance rental, so good!

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    Well, you guys get to see my story soundtracks, so, all of those ;)

    11. and 12. N/A

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    That would be like picking a favorite child! But really, I think you guys can probably tell that I do have some favorites, by the amount of storytime they get ;)

    14. Your favorite couple? Again... lol!

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    I'll answer this as the stories I'm most excited to share with you! I can't wait to share the ending of this war! Or, I should say, the climax of the war, because its aftereffects will carry on throughout the story. I have it all written and plotted and so carefully put together! (Or at least, I enjoyed it, lol!) I was very nervous to start writing this war when I rolled it, since both war and sci-fi are so very much outside my comfort zone, and I could have tried to skimp over it, but I'm so glad I didn't. It's changed this story in ways I never could have imagined, and made it much richer.

    As far as individual stories, I'm also very captivated by Jodie and Amelia right now, and they have some interesting stuff coming up. The whole Corbin/Leila/Matt thing, of course. Dallas and Lucy. Summer always seems to be getting herself into one thing or another, lol! And yes, what the heck is going on with Beau and April??? Pretty much all the same ones you all listed. And some things I can't mention because they're super-top-secret! ;)

    Thanks for answering these, everyone! This was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I loved reading your own answers to your own questions,lol. It seems that I'm the only romance sim out of all of us. Is being a romance sim something that isn't good to admit? Or are simmers less likely to be romance sims?

    The reason why I travel back and forth from MA to Japan is because my fiance is Japanese and therfore we have to visit his family and the like. Even if I wasn't engaged to a Japanese guy I would still go to Japan because I'm in love with all things Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Victoria, that was very interesting to find out, wasn't it? We're all *very* heavily skewed towards family, pleasure, and knowledge. I'm thinking it's more that romance/popularity/fortune kind of people tend not to be gamers, probably. Too busy out there making money, making friends, and making... well, you know ;)

    I'd love to know how you're able to travel back and forth so much. (Unless your answer is that you have a trust fund, lol! I don't want to hear that.) Because my hubby has family in England, and it's SO expensive to buy plane tickets for a whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  39. HA, I'm so late with this, but I've been having major pc troubles. So anywho, here's to hopping on the wagon a bit late.

    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?

    This is a hard one, but I would have to say a Knowledge/Pleasure/Family sim. And my triats, playful, shy, couch potatoe, sound sleeper. LOL


    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)

    I would start out as a teen. I have so much playing the teens in my game, and it was one of the best stages of RL for me! I would start out at 13.


    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?

    Dark brown with very light red highlights. Yes, it's my natural color. Though I'm now finding a grey strand here and there. *sobs*


    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?

    The burbs of Pittsburgh, but I would lable it a small town as well. We have a main street that runs four blocks... maybe. But when I lived in MD, I lived in a place similar.


    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?

    Married with five kiddies. We had two rabbits but my friend came over and threw the male ontop of the female and we had no idea she was knocked. I was getting the kids clothes ready for school one morning a month later when my youngest (was 3.5 at the time) points at the cage and asks me what was in there with Marshmellow. I looked and there were 6 babies. Yeah, we packed them all up and gave them away. LOL


    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)

    Sagittarius


    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?

    ROFL I guess I would have to say sleep around. That's one thing I've never done. So I let a few of my sims do the wild oat sewing.


    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?

    Cell, by Stephen King. I read it once before and I'm reading it again now. I really enjoy this book.


    9. The best movie you've watched recently?

    Well I can say it didn't contain gay vampires that sparkle in the sun! ROFL My girls watched that one. I'd have to say Terminator Salvation.


    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?

    Linkin Park


    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?

    OMG, now I have to think back. I'm almost sure that I started reading your blog last year, like around April... I think. And the first story. Man, if you asked me what I wore yesterday I couldn't even tell u. LOL But I know it was good and I think it has Summer in it. LOL


    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?

    Normally during the day or evening, and in my bedroom since my pc is in here.


    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?

    That's a hard one since I enjoy all of the sims featured on the blog. This may sound like a cop out but I honestly can't pick a favorite.


    14. Your favorite couple?

    You're killing me here. Dallas and Lucy, I can say are my fav. by far... right now. That could change.


    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?

    Truthfully, ALL of them. I'm hooked in am of your sims little lives. I want to find out more, the past that I know nothing about as well as the future that is still not known. That's what keeps me coming back, and the love that has blossomed for all of them. You make them all so believable and real, I can't help it but what to learn more and more about them!

    ReplyDelete
  40. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    Knowledge/Pleasure - although I'd be a weird Pleasure Sim who doesn't like dating, lol!
    Traits: Loner, Bookworm, Neurotic, Over-Emotional, Absent-Minded

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Adult in Sims 2, Young Adult in Sims 3... with lots of days remaining :)

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Brown. When I was born it was more blonde, but you can blame nature for the change!

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    Rural New England.

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    I live with my fiance and our giant slobbering dog :)

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Virgo (Although in Sims I'm a Cancer - 6/2/6/4/7)

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    Have affairs... have lots of kids... neglect their children... kill their neighbors... yeah, I'm horrible to my Sims :/ But it's all for the sake of the story...

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)?
    Or the best thing you've read recently?

    I'm reading the new Dresden Files book by Jim Butcher, and it's excellent. I love that series.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    Wow, I haven't watched a movie in ages. I can't even remember the last movie I saw. Mostly I just watch TV shows on Netflix and Hulu.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    I love symphonic metal, like Nightwish and Within Temptation. And one of my favorite artists is Casey Stratton, but I'm not sure how to describe his music.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    I started reading just a couple of weeks ago... and I started at the very beginning!

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    I read at home in my office. My schedule is flexible, so I read whenever :)

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    Dallas, the Deppiesse twins, Piper, Bella, Hayden, and Liza Hathe are my favorites. (And although she doesn't appear much, I've always had a soft spot for Riley Hathe...)

    14. Your favorite couple?
    Dallas and Lucy! I also really like Hayden and Piper.

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    I want to know what's going to happen with the war! I'm also dying to know about Dallas and Lucy, and Leila and Corbin.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Riverdale, LOL @ the rabbits! Well, I guess that's where the saying came from then ;)

    I've got some grays now too :(

    Luminessence, I'm always so impressed when someone makes it all the way through! That's a lot of reading, lol!

    Awww, Riley! She doesn't get much screen time, does she? It's okay though, I have her marked for bigger things, I hope ;)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Somehow I forgot to mention Melissa in my list of favorite characters! Poor Melissa... I guess she really is invisible :/ But I really like her.

    ReplyDelete
  43. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    I would be family, though I have enough children now that I have one. But I’m the mothering kind of women. Secundary would be … pleasure, maybe ? Of knowledge if I wasn’t working a fulltime job already. But, since I am working a fulltime job, I love to travel, to read sims blogs and to do other stuff that makes me relax.
    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    I’m am an adult, still the young discovering the world kind of adult. So, I hope, still have a lot of days remaining. But, until the age of 65, I would have 40 simdays left. Yay for holidays being 7 extra years :D.

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Brown

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    Small town, just like I live now. But I would have a house with a garden just at the border of town. You know, lots of green and birds and trees, but well nearby the city center.

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    I’m legally cohabitant (since “hubby” won’t marry :p) and have a daughter, and a rabbit and a lot of fish. Still want two cats and a dog. But that is for when I buy that other house with the garden at the border of the town well nearby the city center ;-).

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Leo, I am now, and I would be as a Sim.

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    Looooots of stuff, since Sims don’t get punished. And if they do, it’s their life, not mine. Cheating, counterfeiting, divorce, ignore family members, …

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    Reading a book from Douglas Preston. I love thriller/detective-stories, they’re light reading material.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    Uuuuummmm … my baby is only 7 months old now, so can’t remember having seen a movie.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    That’s a tough one, I love Eels, Mark Knopfler, … I also love the ‘70s, soft rock, death metal for a few songs. I’m not that picky when it comes to music.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    Don’t know how long. The first thing I read was about the lunarbasething and I thought I didn’t understand **** about your blog :p :D.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read? During my luchpauze or on the train. Sometimes at home, when everybody already went to bed.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH? Ouch … this is a tough one. I like Summer and Amelia the most, I think. And Aurora Miguel, for being such a strong and confident women.

    14. Your favorite couple?
    Lucy and Dallas !

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    The war … I want to know who dies …

    ReplyDelete
  44. Simphaesis, oh wow, the lunar base post, lol! You must have been so shocked and confused!!! Thanks for sticking it out!

    "It’s their life, not mine." LOL! I have to agree, it's FUN to explore the mishaps of other people's lives!

    Congrats on the new (or 7-months-new) baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. 1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?

    Knowledge/Family.
    Traits: Loner, Bookworm, Computer Whiz, Genius, Artistic.

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Adult, days remaining = 12 days

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    brown/black. Yes.

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?

    City - Australia.

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?

    No husband, No kids, No pets, No worries!

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)

    Taurus

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?

    Relationships - extra, same-sex. Jobs I'd never do, and jobs I'd like to do but can't.

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?

    Currently reading 'Maskerade - Terry Pratchett'.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?

    Currently watching '9'

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?

    Like all kinds of music except techno. Have been rocking out to the LH Mix atm.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?

    Started reading about a month ago now, started from the beginning and read to the end.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?

    Evening - I read as soon as you post.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?

    Jodie - she's such a complex character. And she's been my favourite since this new storyline started.

    But really it's awfully hard to pick - I love them all in their own ways.

    14. Your favorite couple?

    Lucy and Dallas. I think the love they have together is inspiring.

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?

    The War. Beau and April. Anything with Jodie.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Kiri, LOL @ "No husband, No kids, No pets, No worries!" Oh I bet that's the truth!!! I really should have lived alone for longer than I did in my youth! I've only been well and truly alone for maybe four months of my whole life? Oh *sigh* the things we could tell to our younger selves!

    Glad you're enjoying the soundtracks! They're all of my favorites too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. 1. Knowledge/Fortune. If there was a third then family.
    2. Teen with 1 day to adult. Elder in heart though.
    3. Brown, and yes. I did dye my tips blue once, but not anymore.
    4. Suburbs, dammit.
    5. Still 17 so with parents. I had a dog but she died :( I had a cat but her ran away :(
    6. Virgo.
    7. Walk up to people and start talking to them even if they're in the house and the other person is just a pass-by.
    8. The Da Vinci Code.
    9. RENT. My favorite movie ever. Watch it all the time!
    10. David Bowie <3
    11. End of 2009? The first story I read was about Jodie and Amelia, I think. Or Bella.
    12. Whenever I see it in my dashboard. Only home though, I can't read anywhere else...
    13. Jodie! I relate to her way too much!
    14. Adrian and Aurora? I'm not sure...
    15. Samantha Bradshaw, just because I don't want anyone else to fix themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Flit, oooh, blue tips! That's awesome! I'd love to do something really wild with mine, before I get too old to pull it off (if I'm not already, lol!)

    Awww, so sorry about your pets! :(

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm really late to the party since I've had some depression issues & then my computer blew up.

    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be? Hmmm. Knowledge/Family/Pleasure

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;) Adult, closer to elder than YA

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with? Dark blonde, light brown, dirty dish-water. It is natural. I can't afford custom hair!

    4. Where do you live USA, Ohio, Sandusky (smallish city)

    5. What's your living situation? Sprog in college, 3 cats

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;) Libra

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life? Hard to say, there's not much I haven't been guilty of once or twice.


    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently? This changes almost daily. I frequently request a dozen books at a time from the library. Mystery, romance, paranormal.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently? I seldom watch movies. The last one I saw was Sherlock Holmes on demand.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music? Mostly rock, but I like some country, classical, & new age.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read? I honestly don't remember.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read? I used to read at work, but I have a different job now, so I read after work at home.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH? Dunno.

    14. Your favorite couple? Lucy & Dallas

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about? The war, Leila & Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh hey, Petalbrook!!! How are you!? Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, and I hope you're doing much better now! Oh cool, you're from Ohio! Most of my family is in Toledo ;)

    Glad to see you around again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Doing much better. I lost my job in December & was out of work until late June. My kid totaled my car in January & I used the insurance check to live off of until I was able to get back to work. Things are slowing getting better. I had some wonderful friends replace my hard drive as a b-day present, so I'm back in commission & slowing rebuilding my downloads folder so I can play again. I'm happy to be back reading LH.

    ReplyDelete
  52. 1. Family aspiration with Knowledge as a secondary aspiration. For sure.
    2. Teen about to age to YA. So, 1 day left?
    3. Crazy dark Asian hair that won’t curl no matter what. Lol.
    4. In the lovely suburbs of Hawaii. (BTW—Aloha!)
    5. Living with my mother and brother and gay housemate. 2 cats. Counting down the days till college!
    6. Pisces. I totally match TS2’s idea of how Pisces act.
    7. Probably the major shopping sprees, oh and some of my sim girls will go through a whore phase.
    8. I just finished reading Equus. Amazing play, filling the time with this blog while I look for another book :D.
    9. As Good As It Gets. I’m a big Jack Nicholson fan.
    10. Alternative rock. But I like pop, French rap (okay…one French rap song), and soundtracks to musicals. That’s the theatre geek in me.
    11. Oh geez…I was searching for custom content and google brought me to the story of Amelia going to study abroad. It was about the middle of 2009 that I found that. So I started from the beginning and caught myself up. The worst part of being caught up is the waiting for new stories.
    12. In the evenings, I settle under my blanket behind my laptop and open up the blog.
    13. Oh it is so hard to choose. I love Lucy, I feel like we think very similarly. I’m also a big Summer fan, she’s really fun and has a lot of depth to her. I’m also really excited to hear from Stephanie again.
    14. Piper and Hayden
    15. I can’t wait to see how Leila’s story wraps up. I was rooting for her and Matt but I understand that they were not built to last. I’m excited for Stephanie, which admittedly is a little dark because she seems to be having some hard times right now. And of course, I can’t wait for more Lucy and Summer =].

    ReplyDelete
  53. Twisted, aloha! Wow, you've been reading a long while then! It's nice to hear from you! :) I love the TS2 zodiacs! People probably think I'm crazy, but as far as the people I know IRL, I've found that they're pretty accurate, lol!

    I think you'll be quite pleased then because Lucy, Summer, and Stephanie all have a lot of big stories coming up pretty soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. 1. Romance/Knowledge (:
    2. A mid-Teen. So, about half days remaining?
    3. Brown, and yes it is my natural color although it has been permanently straightened a few times.
    4. The polluted city of Hong Kong. Still beautiful some days!
    5. I live with my family still.
    6. Aries (: I think it fits rather well.
    7. Have multiple sexual partners at the same time, definitely. Oh, and go for such long times without eating...poor Sims!
    8. Hmm...the best thing I've read recently would probably be Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult? Or maybe The Grapes of Wrath (thank you english class).
    9. Black Swan...so scary but so good.
    10. Paramore/The All-American Rejects/Hey Monday
    11. Wow, a pretty long time now...this is just my first-ever comment! A year, maybe? My first story was one involving Fiona McCullough, I think.
    12. At night, and on my computer...rooms vary.
    13. I love Lucy, but I also really enjoy April.
    14. Lucy/Dallas, Liza/Robbie (even if they're not really together yet)
    15. The aforementioned duo, plus more stuff about Ryanne/Summer and April and Beau! And I really want to see the ending to the Leila/Corbin/Matt drama, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi Christine! Welcome, and glad to have you reading! :)

    Oooh, I'm looking forward to seeing Black Swan as well. And lol @ "go without eating"! Yes, poor Sims indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Don't know how I missed this (I'm in June 2010 atm) but I'll answer all questions

    1) Knowledge/either family or fortune. Haven't decided

    2) I'm 16 and I have 471 days left (est)

    3) My hair colour is brown but I've recently gone blonde

    4) I'm a Brit living just north of London

    5) Living with my Mum, my Sister, 4 cats and god knows how many kittens on the way. (One of my cats' is giving birth next month.)

    6) My star sign is Scorpio

    7) I allow my sims to do whatever they want. (It's called Free Will)

    8) I don't read much. (I'm dyslexic)

    9) The best movie I've watched recently is "The Day after Tomorrow" soon to be replaced by "Titanic" which is on TV saturday night.

    10) I like wierd British 1980s stuff. Queen and Madness are my favourite bands but I'll listen to Elton John and stuff sometimes.

    11) I've been reading LH for about 3 weeks now. I read from the very first post with the Jackson family

    12) I'll read LH in the late afternoons/early evenings. If there are no updates on Google Reader then I'll read a post or 2 in the mornings but that will stop when I've caught up.

    13) Ummm... I don't know? I haven't really got a favourite. They're all too different.

    14) Now that's an easier question. Lucy and Dallas.

    15) Again easy. MOAR war storyline. The Leila/Corbin/Matt love triangle thingy is also intriguing me but I think the storyline has ended now?

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm a little late to this party, but I can't resist a questionnaire, so I hope you don't mind a lurker delurking.

    1. If you were a sim, what would your aspiration or traits be?
    Probably family/knowledge. My husband is knowledge/family; I'd say we're a solid three bolts with turn-ons matched. ;)

    (Funny story: I used to think that my "type" was tall and blond, and then I met my tiny dark-haired husband. It's seriously like someone reached down and switched my turn-ons.)

    2. Life-stage? Days remaining? ;)
    Adult, 28 days remaining. (I graduated from college last year.)

    3. What's your haircolor? And is it the one you were born with?
    Light golden brown. I was born with whitish-blond hair, but it darkened as I aged. So, it is my natural hair color, but not what I was born with.

    4. Where do you live (as in, kind of place - not like, your address or anything, lol!) city, country, suburbs, small town?
    In an apartment on the edge of one of the larger cities in Ohio. I prefer the country, though.

    5. What's your living situation? S/O, sprogs, animals?
    One husband, no kids yet, and no animals either. (We don't like dogs but my husband is allergic to cats.)

    6. What's your star sign, baby? ;)
    Apparently Scorpio in real life, but I think if I were a Sim I'd be more of a Virgo.

    7. What do you allow your Sims to do that you would never do in real life?
    Tons of things, but here are a couple:

    A silly one: Stay up at all hours of the night. It's just too much work to get them on normal schedules. My sim-kids are often up at 2 a.m. goofing off...and their parents are probably up goofing off with them!

    A serious one: Have 20-30 lovers. Aside from the dubious morality of that, I just don't like that many people. (I'm like Liza. Boyfriend, girl friend, and I'm good.)

    Something I'd secretly love to do: Have 10 kids. Told you I'm a family sim. :)

    8. What are you currently reading (non-Sims)? Or the best thing you've read recently?
    The King Must Die by Mary Renault. It's a retelling of the Theseus myth. (Still set in the ancient world, but with some modernization.)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Cont., because it said I had too many characters.

    9. The best movie you've watched recently?
    Probably The Hunt for Red October.

    10. Favorite bands or favorite kind of music?
    That's hard. I tend to like 1 or 2 songs from a wide variety of bands/artists. (Right now it's Gotye's "Somebody that I used to know." I tried listening to his other stuff and didn't care for it, but I could listen to that song on repeat for hours.) I do like anything by The Beatles, though, thanks to my dad.

    11. How long have you been reading LH? Do you remember the first story you read?
    I've only been reading steadily for a week or two. I think the first post I actually read was your "hottest couples" because Carla linked to it. I had to finish reading all the entries over at Sullivan before I could start reading your blog for real, though.

    12. What time of day do you usually read LH? And where do you read?
    I'm unemployed at the moment, so I read in snatches throughout the day while doing housework, with my computer sitting on the dining room table, centrally located in my tiny apartment.

    13. Who is your favorite Sim/character in LH?
    That's tough. Right now I like crazy fun April best as a character (I'm interested to see where things go with this new serious angle), but in real life we probably wouldn't get along. (That says something about your storytelling abilities; I can be rooting for someone I'd never be friends with in real life.) I pretty much want Orion and Violet to adopt me, though.

    14. Your favorite couple?
    Orion and Violet are up there. They just seem so sweet and happy. Also Bella and Cameron, once they settled down a little bit. Aurora and Adrian lately. (I'm a sucker for romancers who settle down, obviously.) Piper and Hayden--the emotions there are just so well-written. (Not that I would know, having never lost a spouse, but let's pretend.) And I'm rooting for Dallas and Lucy, of course, because they remind me a little bit of my husband and me. (We did the long distance thing for almost four years, though we weren't ever half a world apart.)

    15. Which storyline(s) are you most looking forward to finding out more about?
    Dallas and Lucy, of course. I'm also holding my breath waiting to see who dies in the war. But I find pretty much all of the plot threads pretty engrossing. You're a talented writer.

    ReplyDelete