Scheduling entries ahead always makes me nervous, since you'll be reading it before I get a chance to see it published myself, and it could be loaded up with glaring horrible typos 'n stuff, lol! So good thing it's just a fluff post ;)
The extras are coming before the actual school update this time, but these aren't really the spoilery kind of outtakes. I just wanted to separate all this picspam and administrative stuff, so I could keep the story stuff all flowy and nice.
She can use the high diving board, and I might use it for story purposes, but it works a little funky. She'll land in the pool and swim afterward, but as soon as she tries to get out she's stuck swimming below the floors (you've probably seen this glitch before). Not a big deal, but I had to force error on her to get her back up. So I'll try to have them normally use the low board.
Okay, carrying on...
Lucy is one of those sims for me whose LTW and OTH never really fit her character. I just can't see her doing rugged contact sports. I mean, they almost fit - she is active, and nearly sporty, but I see her more poised and creative than a Hall of Famer/sports Sim. Summer actually fit that combination better, but she ended up rolling Rock God/fitness, go figure.
But even then, as you'll see in the coming LCU updates, I managed to work something out for Summer and her oddly fitting traits ;)
I'm usually pretty good at sticking to what they've rolled at 12, or at least working it into their character and story. But poor Lucy, I just can't make Hall of Famer work for her, not even in the pipe-dream kind of way. It just doesn't suit her at all.
She at some point accidentally rerolled her LTW to max 7 skills, so I think I'll let her keep that. She is a knowledge secondary, after all, and that's more open to interpretation. And maybe she'll pursue dancing instead of sports. Maybe I'll even change her sports hobby over to fitness, because this is my story and I can ;) I usually only treat their LTW and OTH as an undertone of their character anyway. I actually hate it when they achieve LTWs because perma-plat Sims are boring as hell to play.
(Which leads me to note the SemiPermaPlat hack by Hook, also linked on the sidebar. Check it out!)
(And further leads me to note, what the crap is up with my blog, only showing three posts on the front page??? Is this happening to anyone else? Anyway...)
It all looks amazing, doesn't it? Doesn't it look so perfectly put together?...
Yeah, well it's gone, lol! It's destroyed. All of it. I'm an idiot... you can read more in my babble thread, and you'll get the full story in the schools update.
***
LCU administrative stuff:
We've got some retirees from the LCU staff this fall, so Meadow would like to introduce the new professors.
"Of course," he says. "I'd have no intentions of messing around with any of the students while I'm working."
Oh, come on, Corbin, admit it, they're all of age, and young and supple, it must have crossed your mind!
"I've been doing this a little while," she says. "So I just thought I'd mention, you might be able to see your computer screen a little better if you turn it on first..."
So they all toast to her too, and to what a fine job she did in her four years as School Board President.
And Jeremy just always has this perpetual look on his face of having failed at life. He didn't do so bad... But you know, if we were going to grade a life, we'd probably have to give him a C or something ;)
(attraction scores, if you're interested: Jeremy is 123 with Meadow, and 99 with Alice - Meadow is only 70-something with Brady now.)
OH wow-- your school looks so beautiful! Very modern. Looks like you have a lot of pictures, you'll redecorate?
ReplyDeleteInteresting to see the new teachers. lol, yes, keep Corbin busy!
All the teachers are very fitting of their position. With that, how do you do the different subjects? Do you have students that focus on one subject over the other? Do you give them some sort of mini-schedule?
I hope the move goes smoothly and everything works out like it's supposed to. *knocks on wood*
I hope your move is going smoothly! I know they don't always!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine Summer as a Rock God, actually! My Cordy's LTW is Become the Law but I have her in the Athletics career right now - I pretend she's a swimmer. ;) Even though swimmers don't generally get voted MVP! She's going to go into law once she retires from swimming, seeing athletes generally retire pretty young anyway.
And that is an awesome hack - I'm so excited to start using it! Thank you for the link.
At least you took pictures of the school, so you can rebuild. But I know...it's so demoralising to think about doing that when you've already worked so hard on it the first time! I really love that secondary classroom - very modern and sleek looking.
Jasmine looks a little suspicious in that last picture - she's really keeping her eye on Jeremy!
This school is so lovely and looks like a real school, i wouldn't mind going there if i would be a sim and their age... it would be awesome.
ReplyDeleteOh dear this is awful thought that you may have lost it, but i am sure the next one you might have to build will be as awesome, and should be easier as you have already done it once. I do hope you don't have to redo all your hard work and can save it somehow.
Best of luck to You with moving!
ReplyDeleteThe school looks awesome, lot of space to keep the students and the teachers busy ;)
Meadow is retiring, how time flies. It feels like she just started, but she's done a good job and she's earned the free time she'll be having.
I just read the LH babble thread, and I can't believe this happened to you at the same time as your move! (By the way, I hope your move went well. Aren't you proud of me, I didn't write "BTW.")
ReplyDeleteScheduled posts worry me a little too. I don't know why, but it seems I almost always have typos I don't catch until it posts. But yours was great, and I LOVE Lucy so I'm glad she gave the tour. Deciding your life ambition at 12 is probably quite unusual.
The school was absolutely fabulous. The high dive is a great idea! I'm so frustrated for you that it crashed. The electrical fire is a good idea, and you're already looking on the bright side at story potential, with students being bussed to other neighborhoods. But oh, that auditorium, and the gym, were amazing.
Lakeside Public School is so beautiful! You've inspired me to build a public school for my neighborhood. I'm sorry to hear about the lot problems; I hope you get it fixed.
ReplyDeleteThe school is, or was, gorgeous! I love it! But yikes about those problems. :( I had the same thing happen to me with Zane Smith on the school lot one day and honestly, I can't remember exactly what I did to end up fixing it. He had walked to the lot though and he had disappeared off the lot, so I did have to use the batbox to bring him back. Something about off-world Sims or something like that?
ReplyDeleteCorbin's conversation with Meadow is hilarious! I'm sure he's secretly considered it. ;)
The school is fancy. It doesn't even loo like a public school, then again my public school education could have been horribly ghetto compared to the ones in Lakeside Heights.
ReplyDeleteKirsten is really attractive even by sim standards. I love her outfit!
Oh good, glad it posted, lol! Thanks for reading everyone! We're all moved, and I'm happy to say that my old dinosaur of a computer (and our beloved Lakeside Heights) survived yet another move! This would be its fourth move in seven years (yes, it is twice as old as my kid! lol!), so it's done pretty good, I think :)
ReplyDeleteLunar, thanks! I usually try to send my LCU kids to one of the school buildings at least once per term, you know, since the actual college classes do pretty much nothing for skill building! I'll send them to whatever building suits their major best - I've got five buildings right now: Sciences, Arts, Business, Athletics, and the library. They all have fancy names as well, and maybe I should write those out somewhere... hmmm, maybe a schools tour is in order some time - I'll do that after I finish rebuilding the LH school :)
I just send them to whatever building suits their major best, and if there are mixed majors in a household - like Beau studying business, and April studying art - then they'll take turns. Like last semester, the two of them took classes at the business college, so this term I'll send them to the art college. I like them all to get a well-rounded education = I'm too lazy to send each kid to their own specific college, lol!
Carla, oooh, that's a great idea to have Cordy go into law when she's older. That's something to keep in mind, that some people don't even take a crack at their life's calling until closer to middle age. Probably some people don't even realize it until then.
I was thinking about doing something similar for Lucy, putting her in the sports career and just pretending she's a dancer or something. But then there is an actual dance career, so she'd probably rather do that if she could.
Speechless, it's already done, unfortunately. But I didn't actually build that building from scratch - only remodeled it extensively over many, many play sessions. So at least on the bright side, I can build the next one to suit my very picky tastes.
Aili, yup, it's been four years already! But she can't wait to spoil all those grandbabies she has now :)
Francesca, I know, I always find something after I've published that I just couldn't see in the draft mode! Like this time, I couldn't have known that my excerpt wasn't working, lol! No biggie though.
Sarah, yay! Schools are fun! Don't ruin yours the way I ruined mine, lol!
Shana, I think I'm going to start having all my business owners (school owners included) walk to their lots, because each time I've had this problem and not been able to fix it, it's been when they drove there in a car.
Victoria, it doesn't look like the public school I went to either, lol! But these are Lakeside Heights kids, and I figure their parents must be paying ALL that tax money for something ;)
So let me get this straight.
ReplyDeleteNot only do you write professionally, take visually stunning / clear screenshots, create memorable characters, assemble three cool towns, and make cc, you can build AWESOME lots too?
I'm in awe of you, laura!
Anywho, cool building. Wish I went to school there.
Sorry it's lost, but I've found that if you take a couple weeks break (from thinking about that lot) you'll be excited to make it again.
Neat idea with the high dive! And awwww Lucy.
Wow, Meadow is retiring! Elections are right around the corner too!
The school looks wonderful. What a shame you lost it. But maybe you can re-build it and make even better (if that's possible)? I've never thought about doing a high dive like that!
ReplyDeleteAll the new teachers really seem to fit into their new positions. It'll be interesting to see them in action.
Billy, well, build them and then destroy them, so if that's something to be in awe of...lol! (I did it again, by the way.)
ReplyDeleteElections are going to be fun this time around! I think I'll have a lot more voters than I had last time. I can't wait to see who you guys choose :)
Sari, thanks! I really didn't know if the high dive would work until I tried it out. I've seen tutorials on it that seemed a lot more complicated than what I did... though maybe those complicated ways don't also need a force error to get out of the pool ;)
Update is coming soon, I hope. My brain eludes me tonight. Who knew something so physical, like packing and moving and cleaning, could be so mentally taxing.
ReplyDeleteI've finally caught up! It took a month, but I finally did it.
ReplyDeleteI really love everything you do with the game, it's so clever, and thanks for linking to that semipermaplat hack, my permaplat sims are driving me crazy with boredom (curse you, Apartment Life!)
Zoë, thanks! And welcome! So glad to have you reading with us! :)
ReplyDeleteI know! I never liked permaplat Sims since the beginning. It's one of those things that seems like it might be a good idea, but in reality, is not, lol!