One day at Deppiesse's Lakefront Bistro, Lucy Harris gets a job.
, and Lucy goes to interview for a waitress job at the restaurant. Lucy is pretty, and she has that sparkling kind of personality, so Ashlee thinks she'll do well as a waitress, and hires her on the spot...
And Lucy gets right to work doing what every waitress has done in the history of the profession, which is fawn over the other waitstaff.
Chandler? Really?
Because the other waitress has a very strong opinion otherwise!
And poor Chandler is thinking,
Who asked either of you about it???
But what is this? Is Lucy going boy-crazy on us? She'd better watch out, that tray is kind of crooked and she's bound to drop it right on his head...
As we were saying...
Waitress girl says, "Ha, that'll teach her to keep her eyes in her head!"
Dude, don't get too mad. Look at that sweet face, those big brown puppy-dog eyes!... Why do you think they hire cute waitresses?
Lucy, I don't think that's the most hygienic way to clean a glass! Good thing
Fiona isn't here to see this! She'd have a panic attack!!!
The other waitress is highly skeptical!
There are no more major flops for the night, but that doesn't mean it gets easier. Lucy's feet hurt, and she's trying to be enthusiastic about her guests and all their issues, and what the hell are Brackston-Hicks contractions anyways???
Jack and Nessa Phoenix come in for dinner, and Nessa says, "This is our last date before the baby." Jack finds this shocking. Suddenly he's realizing he's about to have a newborn in the house!
By the end of the night, Lucy is exhausted. She's never been so tired! Her legs feel like jelly, and her hair smells like lime-seared prawns. She just wants to go home, crawl up on the couch with her boyfriend and watch a movie! That is, if he'll sit next to her smelling of prawns like she does. Maybe he likes prawns?
Lucy, don't scowl at your customers!
And when Dallas comes to pick her up that night, she can't run out of the place fast enough!
"Get me out of here," she says. "I never want to work again!" But unfortunately for Lucy, she has another shift Saturday afternoon.
Okay, now, straight home you two. Lucy's mom knows the precise moment her shift ends, and she's expecting her home in exactly fifteen minutes.
But good work, Lucy. We know you never wanted to have a job, but let's be realistic here, it had to happen sooner or later.
And that was what happened one day at Deppiesse's.
***
notes: I had to go into Ashlee's restaurant to re-hire for Alana's old position, and to set up the restaurant for cold-weather dining before the next update, and Lucy was just the funniest little waitress ever, so I had to make a mini-update out of it! She really did get progressively more grumpy as the night went on, lol! :)
I'm always asking you stuff, but how did you have Dallas pick her up there?
ReplyDeleteSince its a sim-owned business (playable) did you take the owner there to set it up for cold weather?
THanks
Oh poor Lucy! And she did look so tired by the end of her shift! I love the way you notice all these details!
ReplyDeleteLucy is really pretty - and did you do something new with your pics? They look kinda different ...
ReplyDeletep.s. love the new header! (at least I think it's new, first time I've noticed it)
Hahaha, oh boy, Lucy and I have a lot in common on the waitress thing. I'm extremely clumsy. I can balance, but Murphy's Law follows me around like the plague. /shakes rueful fist
ReplyDeleteLoved the picture of her squeezing poor, unsuspecting Dallas!
Oh, I wasn't a very good waitress either, so I can sympathise with Lucy. I hope she improves and lasts longer than I did!
ReplyDeleteFrancesca, Dallas picking her up was just staged. I had his car in his inventory still from when I used it in the last update, and I just teleported him over. Yes, I took the owner there (Ashlee) so she could edit the lot, Lucy was an employee, and Dallas was just a regular visitor.
ReplyDeletesims2fan, yes, she was! I was cracking up, I'd never seen a Sim get exhausted like that, lol!
simstate, thanks! Yes, the header is new, I put it up about three or four days ago. About the pictures, I installed a lighting mod back in February, maybe, but it's been almost two months since then... so I don't know. Nothing else different though :)
Mao, oh, have I ever had my fair share of dropped trays!!! I waited tables for six years between high school and college. Ugh, never care to do that again! LOL!
Sullivan, I can definitely sympathize too! Maybe Lucy might do better in retail? lol! :)
ReplyDeleteAww, poor Lucy... Maybe her next shift will be easier - or maybe she's just not cut out to be a waitress...
ReplyDelete