(from left: Madison, Keri, Mariah, Bryson)
Bryson Riley was the only son of one of the neighborhood's founders, David Riley. Bryson's father was known as a brilliant business man, but nobody knew that he left his son with barely-profitable businesses and a load of debt. Bryson is really the brilliant one in the family, and in the years since his father's passing, he has been able to rid his reputation as a slum-lord, and turn that debt into a fortune with hard work and a lot of luck. Bryson Riley is by far Lakeside Heights' most successful resident!
Bryson Riley owns the Riley Estates Company, which manages several properties in the metro area.
The Riley Estates Building (Lake City): official world headquarters of the Riley Estates Company.
Riley Hall and Family Resort (Lakeside Heights): weddings, family reunions, prom rentals.
The Sleep Cheap Motel (Lakeside Heights): rooms by the hour for those sims with somewhat questionable business to conduct.
The Shady Lake Retirement Village (Lakeside Heights): a quiet place for residents to live out their golden years.
The Rhondal Lofts (Lake City, not pictured): an upscale building in the heart of Lake City.
North Park Street Townhomes (two Lake City buildings, one in Lakeside Heights): luxury attached homes.
The Oak Grove Apartments (two buildings in Lake City): affordable one-bedroom apartments in Lake City's south end.
It would only make sense that Bryson Riley would marry a daughter of one of Lakeside Heights' finest families. Madison (Bradshaw) Riley is a Judge in the Lake City Court, and she would love to run for Mayor, whenever the next election comes around. Considering her connections, shouldn't be a hard fight at all. Her hours aren't very long working as a Judge and she has plenty of time to attend her daughter's soccer games and she enjoys entertaining friends in their lavish home. Bryson is away on business quite often, so she likes to fill up the house with lots of friends.
So that would mean that if Lakeside Heights had princesses, they would be Mariah and Keri. There has always been a question of which daughter would grow up to run the family businesses, not that Bryson is even close to handing them over. They've got college to finish before either of them can consider trying for it.
Mariah is interested in keeping fit, looking pretty, and earning as many scholarships as she can since she's off to college next year. After school, she works as a waitress at Deppiesse's Lakefront Bistro. She broke up with her boyfriend Thomas after her junior prom. He wasn't very cute anyway. It is the fall of her senior year and her grades slip a little bit. Must be a case of senioritis. She really can't wait to be finished.
She's been hanging out with her cousin Bella lately. I guess Bella feels bad about none of her cousins liking her anymore, and they gossip about Amelia. Mariah likes Bella enough. She's fun, and besides, Amelia was always a little stuffy anyway.
But the girls get along, generally. Unless they're fighting over a bathroom. See, even in a house with four bathrooms you can't get two teenage girls to keep out of each other's way. They like to hang out at the Simoleon Arcade, like any rich teenagers in Lakeside Heights like to do. Mariah just wants to meet new people, cute people preferably, and hang out.
Keri runs into her old best friend, Summer, who moved away to Bluewater Township a few years ago. They used to be really close, even though her family wasn't as wealthy or classy. They even have the same taste in pink track suits.
And look who's here! Thomas shows up to give Mariah a piece of his mind. How lame is that? "Dude," she says, "Why don't you just take it like a man and leave me alone? Oh, because you're not a man. I get it." It's okay, she is so over him. Oh how she can't wait to meet some real men in college!
Nice
ReplyDeleteIf you dont mind me asking, Im only 15 and I would really like to do what your doing. I knoiw this took you 2-3 years of building up. I just wanted to know how u got all this started? I like your system and all. Really thought out and complex. If you could give me some tips it would be great! I would love to post it just like you! If you wouldnt mind. All the credits would go to you and who ever helped you come up with this idea. I always wanted to play my sims like a real city! And even though I could do it in the sims 3 I heard you couldnt go into the community lots, so it wouldnt be the same. Im pretty sure u know wut I mean! :)
ReplyDeleteThis sheds so much light on the remarks about paying a rent in the Bella/Rhondal Loft Appartments story before. I guess, I'm just a bit slow tonight, but at first I didn't get the sytem with payments through the inventory.Now it all makes sense! I'm getting more and more impressed with the neighborhood you built! This is awesome!:)
ReplyDeleteMariah looks a lot like Jessica from Pine Hollow! This blog is amazing though, it's so in depth, I don't know how you do it. I'm a nerd to, but I'm still in school, so I don't have nearly as much time for my sims. I love this blog! Love it love it love it! (Your comment message is hilarious.)
ReplyDeleteThose are a couple things I like in TS2 that you don't have in TS3: being able to go into community lots and being able to switch back and forth from family to family.
ReplyDeleteI'm still trying to keep all the characters straight though lol
ReplyDeleteLorelei, you can switch families very easily in TS3 with Twallan's mods - I have them linked on my TS3 list if you're interested!
ReplyDeleteYes, I have a LOT of characters, lol! You don't have to remember all of them though - in time, you should begin to get a feel for who the main characters are, and who's just background filler. ;)