Audrey and Orlando are hard at work this winter, filling orders for portraits and making pottery. This portrait is a gift to
for their wedding last year. It's taken Orlando this long to get around to it though, as he just didn't know how he would manage to paint his own daughter's quite ample chest! Perhaps Charlotte might have chosen a little more coverage on her wedding dress?
Orlando is a good portraitist, but he's coming to terms with the fact that he'll probably never be a visionary before he decides to retire. He's lead a full and creative career, and shared his love of art with the love of his life. That's certainly nothing to frown upon.
Now paining somebody else's daughter's breasts is much,
much easier. It's not a bad job to have.
Centowski's Custom Artworks is doing great these days, ranked 4 still, but voted one of the best independent art shops in the county, and known for its great customer service! They're charging almost $1500 for their custom portraits these days, which is much better than when they started many years ago. And Audrey is also showcasing some new pottery she has available, the pots and pitchers she debuted
at the stage festival last summer.
They're doing especially well this winter since a particular little rich girl (Orlando won't
name names, because that would just be rude!) makes her daddy order TWO wedding portraits!
And then when her daddy comes to pick up those portraits, he books an order for a couple more for
his other daughter! He says, "A couple, maybe a few, can't be too sure, about September time," Bryson says. "My first grandbaby, you know?"
But for the first time in their lives, Orlando and Audrey are finding that they're bringing profit home from the shop and have no mortgage left to pay off.
They try to get the kids out as often as they can, with
Charlotte and Paul living in Bluewater, and
Luke and Jim in the city.
Charlotte would like to state how exceptionally handsome Paul looks tonight. He says, "Really, in front of your whole family?" He'll have to get over being shy about it though, because this discussion is not likely to end any time soon.
Luke says, "But it's true!" And Jim agrees. He says, "Are you wearing a new jacket or something?"
Jim says, "No, you know, I think it's the cologne maybe."
Luke says, "And it looks like he's been working out too."
"So, handsome Paul," Audrey says. "When are you two going to give me some grandbabies?"
Jim offers, "They probably need to save up some money first, babies are expensive."
Charlotte whispers to her father, "No, don't worry, Dad. We're fine. We've got plenty of money."
It's a wonder they manage to keep Paul around, as shy as he is, but they do. We suppose he understands that the Centowskis have always been a free and open kind of family, and nothing is off limits in this house.
Nothing at all. And they don't just pick on Paul either. Charlotte wants to know, "So when are you two getting hitched, or joined, or whatever you're gonna call it?
Hey! You could both wear matching suits, how cute would that be?"
But they haven't managed to scare Paul or Jim off yet. And even while Charlotte and Luke are catching up on some sibling time, their other halves have no problem sitting down with the parents to discuss what wonderful children they raised. And Orlando and Audrey will never get tired of hearing that! Or maybe Jim forgot that you can stop sucking up once they've accepted you into the family?
Likewise, Paul, they already like you (a lot, in fact), no need to put on a show or anything! See, nobody's even paying attention. But Charlotte likes it anyway.
After Charlotte and Paul head back to Bluewater, Luke hangs behind a minute while Jim calls for their cab back home, and he wants to talk to his parents about something, he needs some advice.
"It's a really big commitment and all, and a responsibility, and I'm not taking this lightly, so I thought maybe you might have some input, you know, I don't want us to move too fast or anything, get into something we're not ready for yet... but I was thinking we might adopt a dog together."
Orlando says, "That's what you wanted advice about?" Audrey is thinking, a grandbaby would be nicer, and there are so many orphaned children out there in need of loving homes. We suppose there are a lot of animals too. And you know, they're young still. Don't want to move too fast or anything.
Ah well, the grandbabies will come along soon enough. They always do. And until then, they've always got Scout to entertain them.
Oops, that's not Scout! Orlando's eyesight must be getting bad. We would hate to admit that he might be going senile!
There's the real Scout. It was an easy enough mistake to make, especially in the dark. But the poor doggy must have bad eyesight too, and thought the skunk was a cat or something. They've had him since Charlotte and Luke were kids, and he is getting pretty old.
Nothing can be done about the dog's eyesight, but for humans, there are glasses. All those years of painting must strain the eyesight a little.
But the best part, as Audrey mentions, is that now he'll be able to really see, and
appreciate, exactly how handsome Paul is!
Oh yes, he's
that handsome!
***
notes: OMG, it's a little soon to be going senile, but as soon as I caught Orlando stroking the skunk, there went Audrey after him to stroke the damn thing too!
Anyway, the elder Centowskis are always a short and amusing little breather, and their art shop is fun to play. And for supposedly wanting three kids, Paul sure is taking his sweet time rolling up a baby want, lol. But they'll probably decide to try in their next turn.
The art shop is so inspiring! ONe of those portraits, the one with the light on the bride's face and her looking up, was extraordinary. (They are all good).
ReplyDeleteSo Mariah's dad is ordering two portraits of her, too?
LOL, yes Orlando definitely needs those glasses just so he can fully appreciate how handsome Paul is. ;) Poor guy, but at least he knows his in-laws like him!
ReplyDeleteI like their art shop. That's one business I've never tried, actually. I always thought I might have trouble keeping up with demand. Paintings seem to take so long.
ReplyDeleteHow cute is Luke!?! He takes pet adoption very seriously!
LOL! I love this family, they're so funny! Yea, Charlotte and Paul better get started on the baby-making if they want to fill that huge house of thiers.
ReplyDeleteThe Herendez Art Gallery is a bit on the slow side in terms of protraits since there haven't been any weddings recently...maybe I could have some sims order older photos as anniversary gifts.
Francesca, thanks! That one is cropped from this picture. And yes, Mariah and Micah will get family portraits done after the baby is born. I considered doing a couples one during her pregnancy, but she was just TOO tired. She was whining at me, lol!
ReplyDeleteShana, lol, at least there's that! :)
Sullivan, he usually has 3 or 4 of them to do in their turn, which takes him about a day. It seems like maybe they paint faster once their creativity is maxed out, or am I making that up? But anyway, I usually cheat him back a few hours if he needs to finish, and there's a lot of coffee involved ;)
Apple, anniversary portraits are a good idea! Orlando does family portraits sometimes too. I should do more of those actually :)
In a way the Centowsky oldies seem like normal elders with their everyday business and the constant grandbabies want.
ReplyDeleteUntil you you introduce us to the things that make them „special“:)
Hah, I've never seen sims autonomously stroke the skunk, mayebe there is something true about the going *cough* senile *cough* thing.
Also, I'm not surprised anymore about the way Charlotte and Luke turned out. With this kind of parents they had to have some kind of a twist. Be as it may, I still love them:)
And I don't know why but I like their home. It's nothing special but still feels so warm and accepting. But mayebe it's because usually if you do a Centowsky update, there's a must be picture where the whole family sits around the dinner table and I'm a sucker for family dinners:)))
As always, a great update!
Almost forgot, an intriguing new banner you've got there;)
ReplyDeleteThe Centowski family is so cute together. They seem to all like each other which is pretty refreshing.
ReplyDeleteoookonxooo, thanks! They do have a cozy home - it's one of my favorites. Charlotte's new house is really cozy too, and I bet it's because it has a big open floorplan like her parents' house. I like having the kids back for family dinners too. Can't wait until there are grandbabies to invite! :)
ReplyDeleteOooh, and I'm glad you're intrigued by the banner! You should be ;)
petalbrook, thanks! One of my "functional" families, lol!
I want your art shop! I love how almost all the art is custom (given how long it takes to paint).
ReplyDeleteWow, Paul must be pretty darn handsome! At least she knows her family likes him!
ReplyDelete