Friday, June 18, 2010

poll: low key couples you'd like to hear more from?

The low key couples you'd like to hear more from?

- Honorable mention goes to a few couples here, all grabbing about 25% of the votes each, in no particular order: Nate and Ally Lind, Blake and Clarice Miller, Pat and Lara Nova, Jack and Nessa Phoenix, and Adam and Heather Thompson. Lucky for their fans then, they all have stories coming up in the last two chapters of this round ;)

- In a very competitive second place, with 23 votes and 45% were Luke Centowski and Jim Bar. What a sweet pair they are, huh? Never causing anybody an ounce of trouble. The last we heard from them, they were just living a quiet life in the city, in a cute little townhome, doing fulfilling work (Jim teaches middle grade science, and Luke plays the bass in a local jazz band). They have a little doggy named Chip, and a brand new niece and nephew. But what's new with them?


They're still not talking wedding bells, and it's a shame too, since Charlotte's suggestion of matching suits would have been adorable! So Charlotte's begun to corner them individually and pester them about children instead. You know, Catherine and Jacob are going to need some baby cousins to grow up with!

Luke and Jim are still young though, so we'll give them some time.


But with 25 votes and 49%, the #1 low-key couple you'd most like to hear more from is Aurora and Joel Harris. They have a charming little boy together, and they've just welcomed a beautiful baby girl to their family. They're coming up on their tenth wedding anniversary next September, which they'll unfortunately have to spend apart since Joel is off on duty to defend the planet.

They're such a lovely couple, they really deserve better than this sad little paragraph, but I'm kind of sick right now, so this is what they get. If I think of something more poignant later, I'll edit it in ;)


***

next poll: They sure do go through the wringer in this story, don't they? But whatever doesn't kill them, only makes them stronger, right? Sure it does... we hope. But you know, a hug would help too. So who needs the biggest hug right now?

This one you might need to wait through the upcoming stories to find out why some of these characters might need a hug ;)

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, who needs the hug? April! She needs all the help she can get. BTW, I missed the blog while you were gone. Glad you had a time on your trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jodie always needs a hug, but whether she actually wants one is an entirely different matter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. rome, thanks! I missed you guys too! :) And lol, I should have known you guys would all vote for April so far!

    Shake, lol! Isn't that the truth!? I bet she'd let Piper hug her though, so maybe we could send her a hug that way. Who would refuse a hug from Piper?

    Which reminds me, I'm not sure when I'd get a chance to announce this, but Piper is getting married, and I think we're going to have to stick Jodie in a pastel and frilly bridesmaid dress! He-he! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Laura!

    Oh, sigh. Love that picture of Aurora and Joel together. It's bitter sweet too, him being away and all.

    As for who needs a hug...I guess the obvious choice would be April. But then there's Jodie too. She probably doesn't want a hug but it might be just what she needs.

    YES! I so want to see Jodie in a pastel and frilly bridesmaid dress. I had to wear one (well, pastel...not frilly, exactly) and I feel like seeing someone else go through the same pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, thanks! Oh I know it, I don't need much of an excuse to bring out that picture again, it's definitely one of my favorites! :)

    I can't wait to put Jodie in a bridesmaid dress! She's going to be miserable! I'm already hearing her voice in my head! LOL!

    ReplyDelete