Tuesday, June 30, 2009

one day, at Earthland Catering...

September 2082 (mini-update) - Summer Phoenix and Dallas Deppiesse are 18, Lucy Harris is 16.

One day, at Earthland Catering, Lucy lives vicariously through Summer's dating life. Summer and Dallas are supposed to be working (and Lucy isn't supposed to be loitering the way she tends to do), but instead Summer is telling them about her date. She says, "We went out for coffee, we walked around the market square, we threw a football around a little."

Lucy says, "What's his name?"

"Floyd," Summer says.

Lucy laughs. "Floyd? I don't like that. That's not a good name."


"And he's out of college?" Lucy says. "How old is he?"

"Twenty-three," Summer says.

Lucy says, "Twenty-three!"

"That's only five years difference," Summer says. "It's not a big deal. My dad and Piper are five years apart too."

Lucy says, "Where did you meet a twenty-three year-old?"

"I met him here," Summer says. "I sold him an espresso machine! God, you sound like my dad. He's worried about me. I just said I didn't need to go to college - because I don't need to - I'm still going though! Then there was the truck, and my stupid hair - it'll grow back. Everybody keeps saying, But it was so pretty... Who cares? It's stupid hair."

Lucy says, "It was pretty."

"He thinks I'm gonna get my guns out and go postal or something!"

Lucy freezes in something like terror. She says, "You have guns?"

"No, Lucy!" Summer flings her hands up in the air. "I don't have any guns. Seriously, I'm fine. It's just hair! It's just a truck! God, my dad wants me to see his therapist. Can you believe it?"

Dallas only half listening, but hears the word "therapist" and says, "My sister needs a therapist." The girls laugh, but he's actually quite serious. Dakota has some issues right now.

Lucy says, "So what's this guy like then?"

"He's nice," Summer says. "He wants to go into politics. He's really smart, he already has his political science degree."

"And he has an eyebrow ring," Summer says, and the girls burst into flustered giggles.

Lucy says, "Oooh, eyebrow rings are cute."

"Yeah," Summer says. "It's totally hot!"

Dallas says, "What, girls like eyebrow rings?" He doesn't like this one bit.

"Awww, baby," Lucy says, wrapping her arms around his waist. "You don't have to get an eyebrow ring."

That's good, Dallas thinks, because he doesn't really like the idea of putting a hole through his face.

Summer says, "Hey, I'm eighteen now, I can totally get an eyebrow ring!"

"So, do you like him then?" Lucy asks.

"Eh, I don't know," Summer says.

"Are you going to see him again?"

"I don't know," Summer says. "It was just one date. It was hardly a date. It was like three hours."

Lucy says, "Did you kiss him?"

Summer blushes. "Yeah," she says. "Just once. I just wanted to try it, because you know, I've only ever..."

Summer was trying not to go there, but Lucy goes there instead. She whispers, "Was he a better kisser than Tyler?"

"No," Summer says, falling stoic, blood draining from her body every time someone says his name. "But that's not the point."

Lucy says, "What's the point then?"

"I don't know yet," Summer says.

*****


notes: maybe she has come unhinged. I haven't ever seen that gun animation she was using, lol!


And here's the second part to that finger-gun animation. I couldn't figure out how to add it to their conversation, but do you see just how unsure she is? :(

16 comments:

  1. lol Well, Summer is out in the world, trying new things. Trying to find herself. That's what she wanted to do, right? That's why she broke up with Tylor... right?

    But I guess it's only natural to feel that way, to react that way when your ex is mentioned, even if you did the dumping. But she wanted her freedom so now she has it.

    I don't think she's losing it. She just needs time to find herself. The self that she's going to become without her dad, without Tylor, just her. And she will! Summer seems to be like that.

    And I see she's went back to wearing a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Riverdale is right. After she dates around for a while, she'll figure out what she wants. Whatever that may be.

    I love the finger guns animation! I have *never* seen that! A bit of a worry, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I love how Lucy and Dallas are back on and strong. She was reassuring him about eyebrow rings-so cute. Summer may fumble around a bit, but who doesn't in the process of finding themselves. In fact, who ever really finds themselves as selves are in a constant state of dynamic motion. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riverdale, lol, is she confusing you? That's okay, she's confusing herself as well. Yes, you're right, this is what she *thought* she wanted. What she actually *needed* was a bit simpler than she made out, but you know, what's done is done ;)

    I don't know if she'll stick with the hat. I see her trying out all kinds of things at this time in her life.

    Sullivan, there was another part to that animation I haven't seen either - I edited it into the notes. It really shows just how confused she is, lol.

    Apple, very good point! I think you're absolutely right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I like Summer's new look! I think she looks smokin' hot, and all the guys are probably loving her! She's always been one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not recognize Summer at first. I kept staring trying to figure it out, took me a few seconds. Poor kiddo, hope she gets it all together soon enough

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, I love Summer's new look.

    Haha, do they make noises with that animation? Accompanying "Pchoo pchoo!" or something like that? I don't know if I've seen that one, but I might have heard it because I'm hearing it now, lol.


    Poor Summer. But this has to be good for her. If she returns to Tyler now, at least she won't have to wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I personally love that hairstyle! Summer looks great.

    I actually want an eyebrow ring so badly, but my dad is making me wait until I'm 18! ugh

    I'm liking this new Summer. I can't wait to see what she gets into!

    Hahaha gun animation! I notice the funniest things that my sims do lately... it's really amazing how human they are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mandie, I think she looks great too. She's got her pick of the guys for sure!

    heredon, she'll get it together... can't promise soon though ;)

    Lunar, I think I must have had the sound off during that scene, because I can't remember anything. I think this will be good for her in the end too.

    bbop, lol, I just discovered that Summer has to wait until she's nineteen, actually. The facial piercings aren't available to teens, and nobody's made a mod for it as far as I've found. It's okay though because it inspired a funny conversation :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to have my eyebrow pierced until recently... you've made me miss it now!

    Poor Summer, let's hope she doesn't turn into another Bella. Although that might be fun! Dallas is just the cutest. He and Lucy seem really crazy about each other. I've always been interested to know what their ACR score is?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops, sorry to double post but I was just wondering if you'd seen Adele's new prop collection on MTS? Decorgal is releasing a hack that will allow them to be held and carried, they look like they'd be really useful for storytelling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Roxie, no, Summer's much more grounded than Bella was at that age. I've been wondering actually, who would carry on Bella's torch now that she's gone and domesticated herself? Let's just say it must run in the family, because Amelia is getting into quite some shenanigans of her own lately ;)

    Dallas and Lucy are three bolts (105 ACR) - it's not the highest ACR number I've seen, but they are each others' highest attraction. The sweetest thing about them though is the way they act in-game, following each other around, being all sweet and in love, and all the wants they roll for each other.

    I'm glad it seems I'm able to portray just how crazy about each other they are :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Summer. What are you doing? You know you want to be with Tyler, stop sailing down the river of denial. ;)

    Lucy was cracking me up in this one. Dallas with an eyebrow ring would just be bizarre!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mao, yes, Dallas would be ridiculous with an eyebrow ring, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dallas looks kind of worried; I think Lucy's interest in Summer's dates is making him a little insecure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Luminessence, she made him squirm a little, lol! I think Lucy is quite happy to experience that vicariously through Summer though.

    ReplyDelete