Madison Riley has interviewed the four finalists...
Chad Hathe (The Gamer's Den):
Madison: Good morning, Chad, this is quite the lively place you have here!
Chad: Thanks! I'm so excited to be a finalist! Really, this is so cool! You can't even imagine! Hey, do I have spinach in my teeth?
Madison: Nope, you sure don't.
Madison: So, do you need to be very smart to be able to play some of these games. Do you need to know algebra or anything?
Chad: No, I don't know algebra. I didn't go to college. Not that there's anything wrong with college. But I didn't go. You know there's nothing wrong with people who didn't go to college.
Madison: That isn't what I was insinuating.
Chad: "Insinuating?" You see, that's one of your big college words. Maybe some people don't know what "insinuating" means. Does that make me less of a person?
Madison: Certainly not! Why don't you show me some of your games.
Chad: This one is Mahjong. Just so you know, I don't know where it originates, or who invented it, or anything else except how to play it.
Madison: ...
Madison: What about war games, you know flying planes, dropping bombs and stuff?
Chad: My family are pacifists. We don't believe in war. My wife runs an animal shelter. She's a humanitarian. She's a vegetarian. We don't believe in violence.
Madison: Police games? You know, cops and robbers?
Chad: I don't want to hear it! The violence will eat us all alive! This is a happy place!!!
Madison: God, is it lunch time already? I think I need a siesta.
Chad (under his breath): Those fancy words again...
Madison: Let's not waste any more time. Why don't you tell me, if you were to win the Lake City Metro Business Award, how would you put the money to use.
Chad: I'd install a deli, fresh organic produce. It probably wouldn't be vegetarian though - you know, we don't eat meat, but a lot of people do.
Madison: That's very precise.
Chad: Well, people get hungry.
Madison: Thank you for your time, Chad. It's been, ummm... a pleasure.
Chad: You're welcome. Hey, I don't suppose you might be interested in adopting a dog?
Madison: No, I think we're all set on domesticated animals.
Orion Deppiesse (Modern Robotics):
Madison: Good morning, Orion.
Orion: Good morning, Ms. Governor!
Madison: I have to say I'm very excited about your interest in robotics. We don't have any robotics manufacturing in the area.
Orion: Thanks, my girls are really excited about it too.
Madison: These must be the girls then?
Orion: Yes, Delphie and Dakota.
Madison: You both must be very smart little girls.
Dakota: Yes, we are, thank you.
Delphie: Thank you, Ms. Governor.
Madison: And polite too!
Madison: And this is a really great space! It looks like a robotics factory already!
Orion: Thanks, I thought so too. It cost me a fortune though. I mortgaged the house, and my son's college fund.
Madison: Wow, that was a bold move! Are you sure that was a wise decision? I'm sure your son would like to go to college.
Orion: Oh, don't worry about Dallas - he'll probably get a full scholarship to college. And if not, well... anyway, the girls have a few years left still.
Madison: Are you sure you won't be making any rockets.
Orion: No, probably no rockets. I can't say never. But no, probably not.
Madison: So why don't you tell our voters a little bit about what you plan to do with the award money, if you were to win.
Orion: Well, it would be a good source of jobs for the area. We would need about two or three manufacturing employees, sales and shop staff. Of course, we could probably use some wallpaper as well.
Madison: Definitely wallpaper, maybe a nice peachy color.
Orion: Hmmm... peach?
Madison: Oh, yes, I think it could really brighten up the place.
Madison: Well, thank you, Orion. And girls. And good luck to you and your rockets- I mean, robots.
Summer Phoenix (Summer's Place):
Madison: Good morning, Summer, that's a lovely suit you're wearing.
Summer: Thanks, my grandma picked it out. She said I should probably put my belly button away for the interview.
Madison: She's a wise woman.
Summer: Yeah, she's pretty cool.
Madison: So, our metro area is in great need of a toy store, but what made you decide to make toys?
Summer: Well, I figure I might as well, since I'll probably never be a rock star.
Madison: Why can't you be a rock star? You can probably do anything you set your mind to.
Summer: Because I can't play any instruments, and I'm tone-deaf.
Madison: Oh. Why do you even want to be a rock star then?
Summer: I don't know, doesn't everybody want to be a rock star?
Madison: I suppose a lot of people do.
Madison: Your grandmother then, Sophie Phoenix, she's a business owner herself?
Summer: Yup, Earthland Catering. It's been around since forever. My grandpa's mom, great-grammie Phoenix owned it first.
Madison: So do you think you've learned anything from helping out at your grandmother's store?
Summer: Sure, I've learned a lot. I do sales and stock, Dallas does cash register. He's pretty cute - not as cute as my boyfriend, of course, but my friend Lucy is dating him. Anyway, my grandma said she'd help me with anything I needed, because I'm pretty young still.
Madison: My notes say your sixteen?
Summer: That's right - seventeen in August.
Madison: So one final question, why do you think the residents of Lake County should choose Summer's Place for the Lake City Metro Business Award.
Summer: Am I allowed to play the dead mom card?
Madison: You can say anything you like, Summer.
Summer: Okay, well my mom died, and I kind of got left this business and all. And I don't mind it. It sounds kind of fun. But I don't even really have all the stuff I need to run it, like a crafting bench, since my parents were pretty poor and we had to sell ours a few years ago to pay some debt collectors.
Madison: It sounds like it's been a tough run for you guys.
Summer: Yeah, well, you know, life sucks and then you die, or something.
Madison: Or something... Thank you, Summer, and good luck.
Maxwell Shaw (Lucky's Card Bar):
Madison: Hmmm, what a fine establishment you have here, Maxwell.
Maxwell: Nothing but the best!
Madison: It has a very antiquated look about it-
Madison: Oh my! Are those people having sex in the photo booth???
Maxwell: Sex? No, surely not. What kind of a foul place do you think this is?
Madison: I'm sorry, you're right. They must be wrestling or something.
Maxwell: Sure, why not?
Madison: So, Maxwell, why don't you tell the voters a little bit about what you plan to do with the award money if you were to win.
Maxwell: Hmmm, it's kind of a secret.
Madison: A secret?
Maxwell: Well, private maybe, not really a secret. But private.
Madison: Well, don't you think our taxpayers should know where their tax money is being spent?
Maxwell: Come on, now, Ms. Governor, do taxpayers ever really know where their tax money is being spent?
Madison: Well, we try.
Maxwell: Couches, then.
Madison: New couches?
Maxwell: Sure, new couches.
Madison: But you don't even have any couches in here right now.
Maxwell: All the more reason we need new ones!
Madison. New couches. Okay then, Maxwell, thank you for your time.
Bella: Oh, Hi Aunt Maddy!
Madison: Bella! Were you just... in the... ummm, never mind...
***
You may now begin voting! Polls are in the side bar. Voting ends in September, 2081. Good luck to all of our finalists, and may the best Sim win! :)
***
notes: this is my first full post with the camera and lighting mods in, so I'm interested to see if any of you notice a difference. The biggest difference I notice is that where all the highlights and shadows fall are more accurate for where the lighting is positioned (which is the point of the mod, lol!) But the only interview done at night time was Maxwell's though, and I don't personally notice much difference in the daytime shots.
I suppose now would be a good time to let you all know that me and my family are actually in the process of moving from Michigan to Virginia this month (and with a toddler, ack!). So posting frequency is going to get a bit sketchy for a few weeks. I'd like to wrap up voting by September 2081, but if we don't get that far by two or three weeks from now in real time, then I'll end voting a little earlier.
LOL @ Summer! "Am I allowed to play the dead mom card?" It was also funny seeing Bella come out of the photo booth!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha, oh my goodness! I love the interviews, they were all FANTASTIC! "THE VIOLENCE WILL EAT US ALIVE"! LOLOL
ReplyDelete"Why can't you be a rockstar?"
"I can't play any instruments and I'm tone deaf."
It hurts my sides.
As for the mod, I scarcely noticed it! Things look really bright. Good luck on the move!
The interviewees were funny - Madison and Chad rubbed each other the wrong way and lol at Bella being caught woohoo'ing in public!
ReplyDeleteThere really isn't much difference I can see with the lighting, but I've never really been observant that way...
ROFL Bella! I loved it! We just moved from VA. Ok, well not just moved. We lived there (Fair Fax) back in 98-98, then moved to MD. We're back in Pittsburgh now. (My home town) We might be moving back to MD though.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe and fun move!
Thanks guys, glad you liked it! Hubby was looking at me funny because I was ROFL while I was writing it :)
ReplyDeleteRiverdale, we're looking at Fairfax. Did you like it there?
ROTFL to this update (love that last photo, too!) and a very belated welcome back - I've been away and am just catching up - glad the new monitor arrived quickly! Good luck for your move.
ReplyDeleteHa, this one was so funny! I should've known it would be Bella in the photo booth!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your move!
Blackcat, thank you! And hi again!
ReplyDeleteSullivan, thank you! And who else but Bella? :)
That was hard to choose. But I think I've made my decision.
ReplyDeleteI agree, this entry was hilarious. Each interview I read I was ready to pick at the winner.
Good luck with your move.
FUNNY! Especially Bella coming out of the photo booth!
ReplyDeleteYes, Laura, we did. Though at the time it was easy for the hubby to swing the rent. We had a nice two bedroom for $1,030. But we only had two kids then, lol. We've since had three more and needed to find a cheaper apt. lol.
ReplyDeleteBut the area is wonderful. You in walking distance to shops (depending on where you live) but everything is within a short driving distance. I really liked it out there. And oce the hubby finishes up school, I know we will look to that area once more.
These made me laugh! Especially the interview with Chad.
ReplyDelete