
You all shout, "Yes!"
Well, maybe I'll put one together some day ;) LOL!
No, I'm not that mean. But I do need to finish out this chapter of stories first, so maybe we'll do that in the next chapter break.
You can try to guess who this couple is though. They've both had recent makeovers, so it might be a little tricky. I'll reveal them at the end of this post.
I'm kind of itching to finish this round by the end of September (I know, longest round ever, right?), which I'm aiming to coincide with the completion of my novel, because I'm itching to play FFXIII in my intermission. And you all should know that when I play FF games, I disappear from the conscious world for a solid two months! FFXIII is going to be my prize to myself for finishing the first solid draft of my novel - what more incentive does a girl need than that?
Of course, when I actually sell the damn thing, my prize will be a supercool new gaming computer! :)
***
website business:
You'll notice (second box down on the sidebar, above the archives) that I've added a "coming soon" list, where I'll list the upcoming few posts I have planned, and when they're estimated to arrive. This is a modification of something I've seen on other blogs, and I thought it might be helpful to you. I know you can just check the round page for what's coming up next, but it doesn't tell you when, and it doesn't tell you what fluff there might be in between.
So in the spirit of anniversary week, here is where you all can make requests for things you might want changed or added in respect to this website. What might be helpful here that you've seen on other blogs?
I considered adding a horizontal link list beneath the header image, but then I wondered, if I did that, what would you want on it? Are the important posts accessible enough already there on the sidebar?
How about the resident database? Is there anything you'd like added to that? Is it easy enough to navigate all on one page? Unless you all have objections, it's much easier and quicker for me to update being all on one page. But mad props to those who do the individual profile pages! (Carla, lol!)
I've been having a hell of a time with my family trees page, so if that isn't updated, then you know why. I can't figure out how the tabbed-in and bulleted lists work anymore in Blogger. I mean, I know the button is there for them, and I obviously had them working at some point. I've considered using that tribal pages website, but I don't personally care for the navigation, and the way you have to click on a million different options to get the layout you want. I guess I'm in the mindset of being able to see everything all in one place (re: my resident database, lol!).
But I know, at least right now, readers in IE can't even see my family tree, so I'd like to get that figured out. I thought maybe I could do each family as text in an image. That would be easy enough for me to position, and I could even add thumbnail pictures. But also, it would mean having to make a whole new image of the entire family whenever a new baby is born or someone is married.
Hmmm... any other ideas?
What else do we need around here? Besides more fun and games? ;)
***
And the couples' guess who?
...
Did you want to go back up and guess first?
...
Drumroll please...

I love this new hair I found for her, but don't you just hate it when a perfectly cute hair mesh has a hole in the head? LOL!
But this is really cute hair, especially because it makes her look even more like her mom, so maybe it's even cute enough to keep photoshopping around that hole. We'll see...
And I might or might not end up using versions of these pictures in an update. I'm not sure yet. But you don't know the context, so it's not really a spoiler ;)

What is it with me sticking these two on couches all the time? Don't they just seem like the cuddly type?
The good old FF series. FF IX was and will always be my favorite. Vivi was a favorite character for me. I stopped playing mid-way through FF X because the characters didn't feel real to me anymore...
ReplyDeleteWow! Drew and Amelia look great! And good luck with the family trees, that looks to be tricky!
ReplyDeleteMy guess was right woohoo. I totally forget Amelia on my list of favorite characters.
ReplyDeleteI really like her makeover even with a hole in the head. Is her hair from Peggy?
If this were a game I would have gotten it right. I thought that was Amelia and Drew.
ReplyDeleteI think the links and residential database are fine. I never have a problem looking up stuff when I need to find it.
For family trees, I use familyecho. The only problem that I have found with it is that it doesn't allow you to interconnect families. Another issue is that you can't just us a separate link to show the trees for. They actually have to be hosted on an outside site. But I do like it, I get so lost when I go to tribal pages that I give up.
I would have got it right too because I remember Amelia wearing that outfit in the last prequel story, while she was talking to her mum!
ReplyDeleteYou know, I don't think there's anything I'd change about your layout. It all seems pretty clear to me and I've never had any trouble finding anything when I've wanted to.
Tribal Pages is cool but I have the same issues with it as you do. It's one reason I haven't linked to it on the blog. But my profiles are all inter-linked so if you really wanted to find out who was related to who and how, you could use the profiles.
I have considered doing family trees as images though but I'm way too lazy! LOL.
lepifera, funny, I didn't start playing myself until FFX, lol! Never played 9, but I was quite involved in watching other people play 7 and 8 though.
ReplyDeleteTessa, it was about time for a refresher for those two :)
Essa, hmmm, probably a recolor from somewhere, if it is Peggy. I'm so bad at remembering where I get my hair from, but I would guess a recolor from Rissa Styles, since I know I just went on a downloading spree there :)
Monique, oooh, thank you! I love that site so far! I set up one of my family trees in about five minutes, it was so easy!
Tell me if you can see this: the Bradshaw family.
Not sure what you mean about the hosting though. But the lack of interconnecting shouldn't be a problem, since I have all my trees set up by bloodline and not marriage right now anyway.
Carla, yeah, her outfit was kind of a giveaway, huh? :)
This Family Echo site is really very easy! I just might be too lazy to upload images though, lol!
Monique, oh, okay, I see what you mean about hosting now. How did you get that onto your webspace then? The only link I could find was one to invite family members to see it.
ReplyDeleteAh-ha! The hair: by Mikayy at GOS! Where I also went on a downloading spree a little while ago ;)
ReplyDeleteYay! My guess was right! My first instinct was Amelia and Drew, but my second guess would have been Piper and Hayden (since they have the same hair colors as Amelia and Drew, lol). I can so see Amelia and Drew spending late nights cuddled on the couch, talking. :)
ReplyDeleteI've never had a problem being able to navigate your resident database. I had the same opinion about the tribal pages as you do. I had started to enter my residents in over there one day, but it's pretty annoying trying to click through all the options to get the view that you want so I abandoned it.
I did not guess Amelia and Drew! I love his new look. He looks cute with that hair and a bit of scruff! Drew strikes me as a cuddler, and I don't imagine that Amelia would fight it.
ReplyDeleteI like this new coming soon box! That's awesome. And I have to echo the others, you've pretty much laid everything out so neatly already that it's easy to browse for fun or to find what you need specifically. I can't imagine what you'd put on a link bar. I guess you could do a break down of the links that are already broken down in the top text box, so you'd have a page for gameplay posts, tutorials, Miscellany, etc, but I don't really think that's necessary.
I see you already have a solution for your family trees. If you still want them on your blogspot, without having to use an other site, this is what I do; I type "--" before each line. Than I make the fond-color white, so you guys don't see it. I hope you understand what I'm saying, because I'm really bad at explaining these kind of things in English... you can always look at it at my blog.
ReplyDeleteDrew and Amelia look so cute, they are a sweet couple!
Ooo it looks great!! Amelia's hair is beautiful and drew looks even better!! I guessed it was Amelia and Drew just because I know you love them so much :)
ReplyDeleteI thought it was Amelia and Drew, and was pretty shocked that I was right. They definitely seem cuddly. The pose they are in is so cuddly.
ReplyDeleteThe website is great how it is. I'm curious to see what you decide on the database. I like Carla's, but because I'm a slacker, ha, personally I just use a google document which doesn't have the advantage of having a profile picture.
Thanks everyone! I'm glad the site layout is working so far then. I blame it on my hubby, always going on about website usability, lol! (He's a web programmer, btw.) I must have learned something from him.
ReplyDeleteShana, ah-ha! Guessing by hair color! I'll have to remember that when I make up the real quiz, lol!
Lunar, I'd blame the cuddling on Drew too ;)
I always like a bit of facial hair on my dudes, but Drew needs it especially because he has one of those baby faces. Otherwise, he looks about eighteen, lol!
Tanja, oooh, that's so very simple and logical! I'll keep that in mind for if I ever need to bullet-point something again!
Princess, lol, yes, I kind of do love them, but just for the record, I love all of them equally ;)
Francesca, I love that picture - I don't even know what combination I used to make it, and I'd probably never be able to make that pose again, lol! It's kind of neat that way though, so it's original and belongs to them.
I just couldn't help it too. I always love seeing them in the couch. They do look like a cuddly type :)
ReplyDeleteM.J., heart-farts for couch cuddling! :)
ReplyDelete