Jack and Nessa Phoenix had
a very romantic final date last month, while they waited for their son to make his much awaited appearance. And it's a good thing, because romance is going to be the last thing on their minds for a while!
Jodie says, "Shit, I've got four of these things to do this week! Come on, people, let's get these babies born!"
Aaron Phoenix is born at 1:00 in the afternoon, and has brown hair and brown eyes like his daddy. His daddy is actually at work when Aaron is born, but that's okay - he's going to be a stay-at-home dad, and will have plenty of time to catch up.
They decorate his nursery in soccer balls, because you know, both Jack and grandpa Micah are failed wanna-be sports stars - no pressure or anything, Aaron!
Jack and Nessa Phoenix would like to welcome baby Aaron!
***
It's the middle of the night when Clarice Miller starts labor. She's trying to get a little rest before it gets too intense. While they're waiting, Jodie says to Blake, "Now don't you forget to pay me, I know this is hectic and all, but I still need to get paid."
And it's a girl! Emily Miller is born at 4:00 in the morning and has brown hair and brown eyes like her daddy and brother. Little Emily is thinking,
Hey look, it's my mommy!Elliot says, "Hey, Mom, don't forget about me!"
Don't worry, Elliot, a mommy never forgets her firstborn!
Awww, poor kid needed a hug!
Blake and Clarice Miller, and big brother Elliot, would like to welcome baby Emily!
***
Leila Watts goes into labor at 4:00 in the morning, during a lightning storm, and her doctor is nowhere to be found. Matthew is a little worried, but Leila is a strong country woman, and she's done this before. "It'll be peaceful," she says. "Just the two of us, like women have been doing for thousands of years."
Matthew doesn't know about the peaceful part.
But Matthew doesn't have to have a panic attack, because Jodie makes it out to Bluewater just in time.
Hunter Watts is born at 6:00 in the morning, and five minutes later, Jodie says, "Oops, my bad! It looks like there's two."
Flint Watts is born at 6:05. Twin boys! Jodie says, "You do realize I'll have to charge you double for this?" She's thinking,
Ca'ching!Both boys have brown eyes. Hunter has brown hair, and Flint has darker hair like Leila's mother.
When Felicity wakes up in the morning, they bring the boys upstairs to meet their big sister. She's skeptical at first.
But then she decides to investigate a little further. They're pretty fascinating, these baby brothers.
Matthew and Leila Watts, and big sister Felicity, would like to welcome Hunter and Flint!
***
Jodie says to Cameron, "So, you're having a baby then, you do know what a baby is, right? You have to feed it and bathe it, and hug it sometimes, you know, they call it affection?"
Cameron whispers to Bella, "You're not in labor, like, right now, are you? You know what can bring on labor?" This was, in fact, the ONLY part of those pregnancy books that Cameron remembers. He says, "I could go for some, if you know what I mean."
Bella giggles.
Jodie says, "It can't hurt. Whatever gets me out of here faster!"
...
Well, that got things moving right along!
Cameron says, "She birthed my love child, now that's HOT!"
And it's a girl! Baby Delilah Gibson was born at 2:00 in the morning, and has brown hair and her daddy's grey eyes. Bella gives the baby Cameron's last name, in hopes she might get a wedding ring out of him - but we think if she wants a wedding ring out of Cameron, she's going to have to be a whole lot more obvious than that!
Cameron says, "Now what?"
Bella says, "I don't know, make a funny face or something."
Delilah is thinking,
Oh Dear God, these are my parents?!?...Cameron is chanting in his head,
Feed, bathe, hug, feed, bathe, hug, feed, bathe, hug...
Bella Bradshaw and Cameron Gibson would like to welcome baby Delilah!
***
notes: Jodie is a miserable obstetrician, but I'm going to miss her when she finally finds a replacement. She's so funny!
And I have no idea how Leila ended up having twins. I thought I checked them all. But maybe I missed one, lol! Oops, my bad ;)
Oh, Delilah, I hope you make it through life in one piece! ;) Hopefully Cameron and Bella will get the hang of things. Although it's weird to think of Bella as a mom!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to all the families! You've certainly got a baby boom going on! ;)
I had checked Zane and Belinda Smith while Belinda was pregnant and ACR told me she was pregnant with just one baby, but she ended up having twins anyway.
Jodie is the greediest midwife type person I've ever seen! What a laugh!
ReplyDeleteBella Bradshaw's even sexy in labor. Amazing.
Surprises are the spice of simming...unexpected twins, huh?
OMGosh, Jodie cracks me up! I seriously lol'ed when she was lecturing Cameron about affection! What the hell does she know about it?
ReplyDeleteWow, baby bonanza in Lakeside heights! You'll be having an enrollment bump in a few rounds.
ReplyDeleteLOL! Too funny! Wow! Bella gave birth quick! I didn't even see her waddling around...or did I?
ReplyDeleteWelcome new babies!
ReplyDeleteBella's birth was absolutely perfect. That's exactly how her labour *would* get started!
Shana, it is weird that Bella's a mom! I'm going to have to squeeze in a turn while Delilah is still a baby, just for laughs! :) And how weird about the twins! Maybe that scanner doesn't really work?
ReplyDeleteFrancesca, Jodie is a riot! :)
petalbrook, lol! True, the only thing Jodie knows about affection is that babies need it ;)
simstate, this is something in the water for sure! And that's not even the last of it. We still have Lara due in February, and TWO more (surprise!) next year in August!!!
Apple, hmmm, I think there was a peek of Bella in one of the summer updates.
Sullivan, glad you liked it! I thought it was very true to them too :)
Whoa, I must have missed that Bella was pregnant -- kind of a shocker! Heh. Here's to all the new kidlets! May they provide Laura with good fodder for stories! ;-)
ReplyDeleteJen, lol! You commented on the one where it was announced ;)
ReplyDeleteThey're going to make some great stories for sure! I've already sneaked a peek at Delilah's personality points, and I'll just say that she should be fun!
Delilah, the name says it all, lol.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new arrivals! :)
ReplyDeleteRegarding the surprise twins, did either parent have the fertility bonus thing for family sims? I wondered because it happened to one of my couples recently too, the only time I've not had the number of babies predicted accurately.
The father is probably the only sim in my neighbourhood with the bonus, and that was a mistake - I 'banned' it after one of my couples conceived their second set of twins the same day the first ones were born (it was before I worked out how to turn off try for baby in ACR and I spent the next few sim-days trying to keep them too busy or too tired to WooHoo in case they produced another pair - although with that many little ones around it wasn't hard :) ). Maybe the bonus calculates the number of babies at birth when it calculates the gender, instead of calculating it when they're conceived.
My neighbourhood is having a baby boom too - 3 pregnancies, all in houses with toddlers already. I recently tried to follow your excellent instructions on how to tweak the settings in ACR to reduce the number of babies, but now worried I've done something dumb like created a 100% chance of pregnancy if there's a toddler in the house - eek! :) Got to check it again before I play any toddler houses...
Really enjoying all the recent updates - and belated congratulations on the 1-year birthday!
Riverdale, when I saw that the baby was a girl, I just couldn't resist ;)
ReplyDeleteBlackcat, thanks! Nope, no twin bonus. I don't ever use it. I wish I could remember if I scanned her for sure - I usually do, but maybe I didn't. Ah well, they're a couple of cuties anyway :)
Wow, I did comment on the post where Bella announce she's pregnant! Good grief, my memory is toast! It must be that "getting-old" thing. ;)
ReplyDelete