It's basically party season around here in Lakeside Heights, December through the New Year. Or at least this year it is. The elections are coming up fast, there's a war going on, and people are stressed out and need to blow off some steam. So the next few updates will feature parties, family gatherings, holiday events, or get-togethers for no specific reason at all.
Amelia is hosting the first one, and somehow in the process of setting up for it, I ended up building her a whole pantry, lol! But I love working on Amelia's house. I don't even need an excuse. This is made out of parts of the
Kitchen Basics Set, which I am completely in LOVE with!
This half of Amelia's kitchen was mostly done already, but I added some things - a toaster, a few very carefully placed cookbooks next to the microwave which you can't even see from this far away. And some overhead cupboards, where Drew can keep his secret stash of chips that she won't buy - you know, the ones with all the colorings and preservatives? ;)
I added one of her clocks there on the wall too.
I finished the bare half of her living room too, and added another of her clocks on the wall.
And as we were setting up, Corbin stopped by, lol!
Funny though, because he would have been invited to the party anyway, but he showed up super early and just walked up to the door. No call or anything, he just showed up. So Amelia put him to work in the yard raking some leaves. He also showed up with all these wants to talk to Amelia (and fears about having an argument with Amelia), but he was also starving hungry, so I really think he just wanted some food and was hoping she'd feed him, lol! ;)
Drew isn't really sure what to make of this "friendship."
This is all appropriate though, since the next set of stories will revolve around Amelia and/or Corbin in most lights. This is actually supposed to be Amelia's "turn" in the rotation. It sort of evolved into this huge and rambling seven-part story, lol!
Another kitchen I started work on, for another party coming up! (Told you there were a ton of them!) This is Sophie's kitchen (Hayden and Jack's mom), and she'll be hosting part of my New Year's celebration, as you can kind of see a peek of in the header. Yet one more kitchen to fill out with thousands of OMSPs, lol!
Oh how I wish all surfaces came with unlimited slots already!
Max's bar kind of fits into this party prep theme as well. And that'll show up again in the next few stories.
And thankfully Nessa's kitchen is already done, because I don't know how many more kitchens I can do for parties, lol!
Laura, I'm way jealous of your decorating skills! Your finite attention to detail never fails to awe me. I can't wait to see all of these kitchens put to good use!
ReplyDeleteOh, unlimited slots! I would kill for unlimited slots. Well, maybe not kill, but I'd really like to have unlimited slots!
ReplyDeleteThe kitchens look awesome! Can we assume the kitchen will be the hub of drama at these parties, as it is at most real life parties? LOL.
And you got me totally addicted to that buggybooz set as well, I'll have you know. It's been in my Downloads folder for ages (most of it, anyway) but I never noticed how many COLOURS it had! I was so excited when I finally thought to check it out.
Well - Sims3 has 9 slots per surface, which I love - but there's nothing like OMSP's for putting things in imaginative places.
ReplyDeleteYou have such an eye for detail! I love all the little touches you put in to make a place look truly lived in.
And I want Amelia's Kitchen!!! Waaaa (snicker)
Tessa, thank you! I have so much fun with the decorating, even though most of it you guys would never see if I didn't do these outtake posts, lol!
ReplyDeleteCarla, yes, drama in the kitchen, and pretty much all season! I don't know what it is about me and kitchens lately. Don't worry though, I haven't lost my love for bathroom shenanigans. We still have some drama scheduled to take place in at least two bathrooms, lol!
Oh, I'm SO in love with Bubbybooz stuff! I'm pretty sure I must have downloaded it all by now, lol!
Kiri, I definitely want her kitchen too! Oooh, 9 slots would be better than the usual 1 we get in TS2. But true, I couldn't live without those OMSPs!
Actually, if you turn on move_objects, you can fit more than one object onto a surface. It just takes some experimenting to see which objects intersect. But, for the most part, it looks fine.
ReplyDeleteKatherine, yes, I think I've done that by accident before with counter tops. I'm never sure if it has to do with the objects I'm placing, or how the surface was made though.
ReplyDelete