Sunday, July 25, 2010

this is the sorry excuse for why I've got nothing...

Well, this is how I spent my Simming time this weekend, but unfortunately, it did not amount to much shooting of the next story update.


But... Lakeside Heights now has skies!!!


With beautiful fluffy clouds...

The mod is by Chris997 at MTS.

Which led me to wonder if I could recolor the sky, for my moon base...


But first, I had to make my moon it's own sub-hood - the load screen amused me to a ridiculous degree, lol! You know, Welcome to the Moon!

Maybe this is only amusing in my head.


So here was my vision - Keri, in the observation deck of the military complex. It's a row of protected windows on the top level of the structure, while the other floors are all mostly below ground, with only those little round reinforced windows (do you see how scientific I'm getting here? lol!)

The troops would then be able to visit the observation deck whenever they have free time (and are on base), and it's a comfort for them to be able to sit there and see home, and not feel like they're so far away.

Keri, I imagine, spends a lot of time up here, since she's on base all the time. I already know she spends just about all her time calling home - and even sneaks calls home during her on duty time.

Drumroll please... ;)



Pretty, pretty earthrise! :)

I am ridiculously proud of this!


Because as you can see, my first results were not so pretty, lol! It took me a good two whole days to figure out! You can read about the whole debacle in my babble thread.

And of course, since I was in there, I had to play them a little. Their wants, upon loading the lot, were just super adorable!


Mostly everyone misses their sweethearts. A stinking lot of them are planning to start up a baby boom when they get home, lol!

And Tyler... well, he just misses being in school? Silly Sims!

So all that, and then Liquid Story Binder happened. In a BIG way! OMG, I love this program!


I blame it on Liquid Story Binder, maybe, that I started decorating apartments you'll never see... In LSB, you can add pictures to your story files, and I wanted to have some for my non-Sims story. Sometimes it just helps to have a visual of what's in my head. So I made one.


Though I love this color scheme for a bedroom (well, apart from the green lamp anyway - WTF Laura?). I might have to swipe this for one of my Sims. I think Berjes has black walls and sheets, so maybe we'll pop a bit of yellow onto his wall. And then we'll have to give him a reason to show off his bedroom...

Unless you want to see him just sleeping in his bedroom, because that's about all the action his bedroom's been getting lately ;)

So all this decorating apartments you'll never see led to posing characters you'll never see...


Or actually, you won't see them with your eyes anyway ;) But I really do hope you get to meet them some day.


But you know how you get those mashed-up poses sometimes, the ones you make with about five different pose boxes and can never recreate again? Well it would be a crime not to share a super sweet mashed-up pose. So we couldn't let this go unshared.

So anyway...

Ack, sorry, that's all I've got for this weekend. And the rest of the coming week I need to focus - get more accomplished, be more productive, do the laundry and wash the dishes and take my kid to the playground and crank out the chapter I was supposed to have written already.

But the next story update will come next weekend, I promise! Because as you can see on the sidebar, I've slotted a whole week to finish building my moon base later, lol! No more distractions ;)


But here, let me appease you with hammy Quinn!


And if that hasn't appeased you enough, then I'll appease you even further with a cute picture of Cameron with his baby girls.

I know he wants a boy, but I kind of hope he gets another girl, because they're just the most precious little things! And he's so sweet with them! And sure, it's going to be hell when they're all teenagers, spaced a year and a half apart, lol! But for now, awww! :)

11 comments:

  1. No, the "Welcome to the Moon" is definitely funny, lol.

    It looks like you were pretty productive to me! And oh I love the pictures you took to help you on your novel. It actually helps me to see them. It's like, "Awww!" They fit perfectly with that I know.


    Also Cameron and his baby girls, lol. If he gets another girl, I think that will somehow be appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - a very productive weekend! The sky looks great - it's really going to add to the atmosphere once you get to that point in the story. I'm going to download that sky too. I had it in my game years ago and never bothered to put it in again when I started Sullivan.

    Those are some wonderful shots for your novel characters too. The posing mash-up picture is beautiful. And the Sims really look "right" to me, especially her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing! You never stopped amazed me with all details you got. Those pictures are pretty darn cute. One comment would be: "Awww!They are worth after long waiting." ;) But, I am beginning to wonder. You once planned to move some of your sims to The Sims 3. Will you still do it? Especially after you have made those skies and moon base. Or, is it part of getting into it? Can't wait for some tidbits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you were able to use the skies! The moon 'earthrise' turned out great, too... I saw it on VSS but didn't get around to commenting there, but it really looks good.

    Loved seeing the wants! Aside from wanting babies, is there a shortage of decent beds there or something? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Lunar, "welcome to the moon" is definitely funny! How could you possibly say that is a sorry excuse for an update? It looks like you have been incredibly busy and those skies look awesome, I had completely forgotten the lack of sky in Sims 2.

    I had to chuckle when I saw all the baby wants. It's not an uncommon thing going off to war - in fact when we were tracing my grandfather's family tree we worked out that one of his younger brothers was born 9 months to the day that his father shipped out to WWI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! Maybe it's my own personal hangup, but I prefer not to break up the story bits with fluffy stuff if I can manage it. But maybe that's not always realistic.

    Lunar, I'm glad you found the moon thing amusing. I wasn't sure if it was actually funny, or if I was just delusional ;)

    Lunar and Carla, I was nervous to post those pictures of my novel stuff, lol! But I'm glad they fit the image of what you expected of them. That's always the worry, I think, with traditional fiction - everybody sees something different in their head.

    I couldn't quite get the right hair for him - but you know, male Sim hair is largely a pain in the ass to find, and I just could NOT find the right one for him - it should be a bit messier than that hairstyle is, but the length is right at least. Maybe I'll keep looking. I've made both of their parents and his sister too, lol!

    But this is something writers do, right? I know Stephen King draws out maps for his fictional towns - I can't draw, so I use my Sims ;)

    M.J., thank you! I am still planning ending this story, but as slow as I'm taking it these days, it won't be for a very, very long time, lol!

    I'll definitely give Sims 3 a try, and if it works, then I'll do a spin-off based on some of these characters. From the TS3 stories I've seen and loved out there, I can't really imagine it not working. But if I don't end up liking it for some reason, then I may still do the spin-off in another form of the game (TS2, or hell, by the time I'm ready, TS4 might even be out, lol!) - or I might just continue their stories in traditional fiction.

    Blackcat, thank you! I'm so glad you turned me on to that sky mod! It's amazing! It's such a small detail, but it makes all the difference in atmosphere. I'm not sure how frequently I'll be able to use it though - those pictures were taken in Bluewater, which is pretty sparse for a neighborhood. But Lake City and Lakeside Heights are packed full, and I can't usually turn the view up to extra-large.

    LOL, adult Sims just HATE it when you make them sleep in single beds. And I have their rooms all set up with singles. You know, this is the military, after all ;) They're all just missing the luxuries of home. Especially Keri, lol!

    Illandrya, yes, you're right, it is a very realistic set of wants considering war times :)

    Thanks! I would have rather finished the last part of the story first, but all this stuff kept calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a brilliant job with that sky for the moon base. I've never used those custom skies but I think I might try, they look wonderful.

    The biggest generation ever born in Finland was in the years 1946-1947 after WWII so those baby wants make perfect sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sky looks lovely, it will just add even more to the realism of your stories, I'm sure. Lol, I too find the "welcome to the moon" way more funny than it probably should be. It reminds me of those signs in Las Vegas, you know the one's where it says "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas". For some reason, I can so see a sign like that on your moon now, you know, big flashy lights and neon arrows: "Welcome to the Moon!"

    The Quinn spam was greatly appreciated, as was the Cameron and co. pictures :) Feel free to post extra fluff in-between your story posts, your fluff is always interesting, so I'm sure it will always be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sari, I know, that sky mod has been around forever! I can't believe I didn't pick it up until now either!

    Tessa, OMG, LMAO!!! You know, I just might have to do something like that! I was planning on having a small tourist strip there anyway. No really, lol! There's gonna be hotels 'n stuff ;) Stephanie was kind of talking about it back in this update.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool pics and thanks for the link to those skies. I've been wanting to add them but wasn't sure if I wanted to go there. You've convinced me LOL. And I already said at N99 but I'll say it again, your sky looks great (and Welcome to The Moon is funny ;)).

    That toddler is adorable! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle, thanks! You'll love the skies! I especially love that you don't have to place them if you don't want to.

    ReplyDelete