Jodie doesn't hug people but Piper does. So Jodie returned the hug, and to her surprise, it actually felt so good she nearly picked little Piper right up off the ground.
"You guys haven't even set a wedding date yet."
"I know," Piper says.
The apartment is noticeably quieter now that Piper and Carly have gone. "I thought you were interviewing roommates," Piper says.
"Yeah," Jodie says. "But as soon as they meet me, they say they're not interested."
"Did you ask them about their birth control?"
"What's wrong with that?"
"It's a little weird," Piper says. "No, it's just plain weird."
"Well, what if I got a roommate and she knocked herself up?" Jodie says. "Then I'd be living with some kid! I hate kids!"
"Yeah," Jodie says. "But as soon as they meet me, they say they're not interested."
"Did you ask them about their birth control?"
"What's wrong with that?"
"It's a little weird," Piper says. "No, it's just plain weird."
"Well, what if I got a roommate and she knocked herself up?" Jodie says. "Then I'd be living with some kid! I hate kids!"
"Oh, I love weddings!" Piper says. "Are you asking me? It could be so much fun! It could be like going stag to junior prom! We could go shopping for pretty dresses and get our hair done together!"
"No," Jodie says. "That isn't what I meant."
"No, we just made out at a party once," Piper says. "He's getting married."
"Crap," Jodie says. "They all are! Or getting divorced, or sleeping with Amelia."
"Amelia isn't sleeping with anyone right now," Piper says.
"Drew?"
"Oh, she wants to take things slow," Piper says. "She isn't sleeping with him yet."
Piper just shrugs.
Jodie pushes aside some very delightful mental images.
"It's just that there's this invitation and it says, 'Jodie and guest.' So I guess I need a guest because I don't want to be an epic loser and go alone. Do you know anybody? Who isn't getting married, or divorced, or slept with Amelia, or is sleeping with Amelia, or wants to sleep with Amelia?"
***
Piper and Hayden couldn't have afforded this on their own, but they had help - Carly and Joe, Amelia and Drew - they all chipped in a little. They just wanted her to know that even if they're pairing off to fall in love, get married, buy real estate, and have lots and lots of children she'll never want to babysit, Jodie won't be forgotten.
Because really, who could forget Jodie Larson?
"You said she wasn't home," Hayden says. "Why are we being quiet again?"
Piper says, "It doesn't matter. Just be quiet!"
"Come on," Piper says. "She'll be home any minute now."
One day, just because they felt like it, Jodie's friends, all six of them, pitched in to show her how much she is truly loved.
*****
notes: LOL, I have no idea what Hayden and Piper were doing there, at the exact same time, but it was SO hilarious I had to make a mini-update out of it.
Apartments are always so strangely glitched for me, lol! I get that Hayden was there dropping off a gift for Piper, and the game obviously didn't recognize that I'd already moved her out, but I have no idea why Piper was there dropping off a gift, lol! Thus, I just imagined they were both for Jodie :)
LOL, that is a super funny update. Have you thought about sending Jodie to the matchmaker? I'm trying to come up with a storyline to incorporate her into the game for later. I found lots of tarot decks and stuff like that
ReplyDeleteAww I just want to give Jodie a huge hug (but she would probably push me away lol). Maybe she could get set up on a blind date through a friend or the matchmaker. Maybe someone in the Paranormal career could hook her up with the matchmaker's number? lol
ReplyDeleteit's so strange reading the posts with her in them because the Jodie in my game is SO different. She's lovey dovey and has 4 kids and a cute husband. She's a Criminal Mastermind and owns many money trees and a counterfeiting machine lol. she prospers as a fortune sim (always rolling object wants and the occasional romance want)...just not always in a legal way lol
lol, I do love Jodie. She's such a great character. I can see her casually asking, "So do you know anyone who isn't x, x and x, and doesn't x, x, or x?" At least she seems semi aware that she's alone because she wants to be.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet glitch. I've always had issues with move outs of apartments. Someone said on a forum that if you use Simlogical's Teleporter to kick them off the lot, usually the game will reset and realize that the sim doesn't live there anymore. I don't know though if it mattered what teleporter was used though.
Ha! How sweet. I'm wondering what Jodie's reaction will be to this little gift. ;)
ReplyDeleteUgh, Apartment move outs are such a pain! They never seem to leave unless you actually delete the errant sims. It must reset their scheduler or something. Annoying.
Jodie is endlessly amusing... and many LOL's to "I don't know anyone like that"... ahaha, they're all married, divorced, or sleeping with Amelia!
heredon, thanks! I just might have to sign her up for a dating service - I use TJ's crystal ball thing for dating. That matchmaker is a rip-off, lol!
ReplyDeletenon-anon, yes, that's a good idea being set up by a friend. I'll have to see who all her friends know... and haven't slept with themselves already, lol! ;)
My Jodie is actually quite happy, despite her stale romantic life, lol! She does really well at work, and skilling for her knowledge secondary, so that keeps her satisfied.
Lunar, yes, she is being quite picky, isn't she? :) That's a good tip about the teleporter, I'll try that.
Mao, lol, it's the thought that counts! I bet Jodie would just be like, WTF? :)
And yes, lol, Amelia's been through a few guys... more on that soon ;) Maybe Jodie could date one of Charlotte or Bella's ex-boyfriends. LOL, I think those three might have been through just about my entire male townie population :)
Aw, that's sweet but I can imagine Jodie will be a bit confused when she comes home to find a water feature in her courtyard. LOL.
ReplyDeleteI do hope Jodie can find someone, even if she is satisfied alone. Ha, any guy that ends up with Jodie will have to be pretty patient! He's going to be dealing with a very unusual woman!
Aw, that was really sweet of them! I bet it will warm Jodie's heart, although she probably won't admit it. ;)
ReplyDeleteAh, so that's why I keep seeing Carol and Jill wandering around the apartment building they used to live in whenever I play Tammie Austin's lot! I was wondering why they're hanging around when they don't live there anymore, LOL. I'll have to try the tips above to see if I can make the game reset and realize they're not supposed to be there all day!
This is cute, I love the way you made it gifts for Jodie.
ReplyDeleteI've had problems when people leave apartments, too... like Shana, I've had ex-tenants still wandering around, until they get smelly and fall asleep in the yard because they've got nowhere to attend their needs! It was really funny but not too practical, especially when it happened every time I played... I would teleport them away and they just came back the next time I played the building.
There's a thing on the lot debugger box, something like "fix bad apartment residencies" (I haven't got the game open right now but its in the 'Fix" menu I think... at least that would make sense :) ). I teleported them away then click that and it fixed the problem.
BTW I'm a bit late commenting but I loved the 'gameplay/writing' discussion!
Sullivan, lol, you know Jodie's never even been in a serious relationship, in all of her 27 years. She only entered this story when she was about 24, but I would imagine she never even had a high school sweetheart, lol! I can't even imagine how she'd be in a relationship!
ReplyDeleteShana, this problem has been plaguing me since I got AL! Read Blackcat's comment, that's what I'm going to try ;)
Blackcat, yes! Of course, lol! I've seen that on the debugger, fix bad apartment residencies, and I always wondered what it did, lol! Duh! That must be it! I'm a moron! :)
So cute, I would LOVE to see Jodie's face when she sees the gifts. What are they btw?
ReplyDeleteOoh what a fun twist! What a riot that they were sneaking around together.
ReplyDeleteQuick, probably obvious question, but how do you know their number ratings for other sims. In Amelia's New Year party you put her chemistry rating for each of the guys and vice versa. How you find that?
Piper and Hayden sneaking together is just too funny. Funny and sweet:)
ReplyDeleteJust caught up reading your posts from the summer. Man, so much has been going on in Lakeside Heights. It's like a city that never sleeps, lol
Aili
Apple, you can see them in the last few pictures - a fountain and that head sculpture :)
ReplyDeletemaisie, the attraction score is from ACR - click on another Sim > "casual..." > "will I woohoo?" and it will give you the readout.
Aili, yes, things are CRAZY around here! And it's not about to calm down any time soon ;)