Saturday, January 3, 2009

a very curious little girl

June 2080 - Cabe Deppiesse is 38, Ashlee is 40, Natalia is 10, and pet cat is Sake.

Photobucket
Cabe and Ashlee Deppiesse were surprised to see that their family was one of the richest in Lake County. They were also surprised to find that in the ten years since moving into their first home, the gorgeous lakefront home next to Ashlee's restaurant had now become within their price range.

(beach house here, by zaxis @ MTS2)



Photobucket
Natalia loves the house (who wouldn't!?!) but the first thoughts on her mind are her cousins, and will they still be close enough to walk over? No worries - they've just moved to Lakeshore Road, and Dallas, Dakota, and Delphie are just across the street; Fiona, Robert, and Connor just behind them. Even cousin Amelia is back in town again now, though she's too old to play with. Natalia has a LOT of cousins! Which is why she doesn't at all mind being an only child. She wouldn't have it any other way.

Photobucket
Seriously, how great is it living on the beach?

Photobucket
Ashlee turned 40 this year, and apart from a couple lines around her eyes, you might never guess it. She's fiery as ever. And Cabe learned a thing or two from their little rough patch a couple summers ago. He pays his wife plenty of attention, and these two are doing just fine lately.

Photobucket
Of course, the change in scenery definitely doesn't hurt! They often wander out back after Natalia goes to bed, and enjoy a chat under the stars as the waves roll in.

Photobucket
Cabe is enjoying his work, and happy to have been elected as Lake County Head of Defense, even if he was only elected by default. He can't really say much more about his job than that, you know, being confidential and everything.

Cabe actually enjoys scolding the cat. And later that evening, Ashlee also gets a small kick for scolding him off of their bed. Poor Sake! They're nice to him sometimes too.

Photobucket
Though Cabe doesn't really need the advice anymore, his big brother offers it just the same. "Women are like a microscope..." Orion says. "They examine every little thing!" Cabe is understanding women better on his own terms lately, but he has to admit, this advice makes more sense than the time Orion tried to equate women to advanced video game programming.

Photobucket
But then he gets just what Orion was talking about. Women are like a microscope! Even the pre-teen ones! And this very curious little girl does examine every little thing. Cabe has been dreading the day she might be old enough for this conversation. Next there would be boys and dating and things he doesn't even want to consider! Lucky for him, his Military chopper is just touching down and it's time for work - lucky for him, this conversation falls in the realms of motherly duties. Cabe says, "You're going to have to ask your mother about that one."

Photobucket
Deppiesse's Lakefront Bistro is doing well - so well, in fact, that Ashlee desperately needs to hire another server. Chandler Price answers the ad, and says he's going to college for business management, and he'd like to focus in restaurant management in particular. Who knows why he chose restaurant management, since he proves to be inept at cooking, but you know, there are always dishes to be done.

Photobucket
Summertime, again, means that Natalia spends the days at her mother's restaurant, though soon she'll be old enough to stay at home during the days. At least her mother finally got around to finishing the lounge room, and their bartender gets more work as a babysitter than he does pouring drinks. The restaurant is ranked 5 now, and with the money coming in, Ashlee finishes off the room with a pool table and coffee lounge.

Photobucket
The weather is beautiful this June, and the lakefront patio is getting lots of use. Natalia fills in some days on the piano - funny, nobody covers their ears like that when Patrick Nova comes in to play... Her parents have spent lots of money on Natalia to see what kind of hobbies she might pursue. Violin lessons were a flop. No interest in sports. Chess club? But she's always been most interested in the inner workings of things... blocks, blenders, garbage disposals, and you know, biology...

Photobucket
But one lazy summer afternoon, Natalia and her mom are just hanging out in their "back yard," working on their tans, watching the waves roll in, and she brings up the topic again. It was bound to happen. For years this little girl has been curious about the birds and the bees and the reasons her mommy and daddy "hug" each other so often. That, and she watched quite enthusiastically as Dr. Monif simulated a c-section procedure at the school science fair, and she thinks, what better job than to bring babies into the world? However it is they're made... Well, she knows where they grow, and how they come out, but she just has to know, "Mom, how do babies get in there?"

Photobucket
And well, since she was so intent on knowing...

***

notes: I am so jealous of their house! I wish I could live in it! The other beach houses by this creator are also beautiful, and highly playable (which is a top priority in my book!), and I plan on picking up one or two more to fill out the rest of Lakeshore Road. This will be the first family I've had actually live on the lakefront. So far, it's been fun! I've been meaning for a long time to have a family rich enough to live there :)

For the record, I don't normally know what my 10 year-olds will grow up to be, but everything just seems pretty fated with Natalia, and I can't imagine her doing anything else - the way she would just show up at her parents' bedside after they "you know"... and the way she watched that surgery at the science fair. She'll go into medicine and deliver babies when she grows up :)

9 comments:

  1. Haha, that was so cute, the way she was curious about the birds and the bees. I am off now to check out the houses by the creator you mentioned. There is nothing quite as annoying than downloading a lovely house and then realizing later that the Sims can't access the bathtub or the bed or the FRONT DOOR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! That last picture. That was great. Well, she wanted to know. ;)

    "...this advice makes more sense than the time Orion tried to equate women to advanced video game programming."

    Also had me laughing! Orion and his crazy advice.

    It's cool to know that her actions inspired what she'll do later. I try to keep an eye on my children/teens and see what their personalities are by their actions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beverly, yes! Sometimes builders put things in the most mind-boggling places! Or I also can't stand it when they build lots so big and bulky that everything slows down to a stop when you try to play it.

    Mao, she got more of an answer than she knew was coming, didn't she? :) I love letting them define their own personalities and storylines, something fun always pops up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute story! Who is the creator of the houses? I can't seem to see where you've listed it. I want to add it to my links list site, newly moved to Blogger! (http://pieridaesimslinks.blogspot.com/), if you're interested. ;) I especially love the pic of the cute couple looking out over the beach. BV has provided the best photo ops, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks pieridae! The link is right there under the first picture, second paragraph. I love BV too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalia is too cute! I agree that delivering babies is the best route for her when she grows up. Unless she wants to be a relationship or sex-ed counselor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I've just come across this blog, and I love the way you've set it up, with aging and taxes etc. However, I want to read it right from the beginning, but it cuts off at March 2008. Do you have any archives stored off this website with the original posts on? If you do, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mandie, lol, sex-ed counselor! Maybe she'll do a little of both :)

    Elliephant, hi! That is the beginning, in March 2008. The neighborhood is older than that, but I didn't blog from the beginning. I reveal the relevant backstory where needed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Looks like that was a little more information than Natalia was expecting! ;)

    ReplyDelete