Thursday, September 11, 2008

ice skates and pajama parties

February 2078, Berjes and Hailey Monif are 32, Hazel is 7.

Photobucket Image Hosting
Hazel Monif is in the second grade this year, and her friend Natalia Deppiesse is also in her class.

Photobucket Image Hosting
Hazel also brings Robert McCullough home from school to play. Every little girl in Lakeside Heights wants to be friends with Robert, including Hazel. He's becoming quite the popular little boy, and the hottest thing in first grade!

He's a year younger than she is, and Hazel still has an abrasive personality, but Robert is nice to everybody. Hazel seems to get on better with nicer kids like Robert and Natalia, maybe because they don't mouth off back to her when she's being sassy.

Photobucket Image Hosting
Hazel wants to be friends with everybody. She even wants to be friends with Robert's sister, Fiona too, but Fiona isn't having it. I guess Miss Sass and Miss Priss just don't seem to click. Ah well...

Photobucket Image Hosting
Berjes is hard at work perfecting his tummy tuck technique. He works a lot this time of year, you know people need time to heal from their plastic surgeries before the upcoming bathing suit season. He even earns himself an exclusive membership to Aspirational Laboratories - a pretty darn lame place, if you ask Berjes!

Photobucket Image Hosting
Berjes doesn't find it too hard to find likely candidates for plastic surgery. Like this lady who needs her lips done.

Photobucket Image Hosting
There, that's better!

Photobucket Image Hosting
Hailey is still clicking away at her little book, Diary of a Mediochre Suburban Mom. She's been writing at a snail's pace so far, but with Berjes working so much lately she finds a few extra hours in the evenings to put into it. Maybe she'll even finish it before Hazel goes off to college. Or maybe she's just writing it for herself. Who knows...

Photobucket Image Hosting
Hailey takes Hazel and her friends ice skating at the Snowflake Lodge. It's February and snowing outside, and Natalia was the only one who felt like wearing her coat. Weird kids.

(Anybody else notice that all of Hazel's friends are related to each other!!! Man those Deppiesses are like rabbits!)

Photobucket Image Hosting
Neither Hailey or Hazel are very good at this.

Photobucket Image Hosting
Hailey, what kind of a mother takes her daughter ice skating in a sleeveless shirt???

Photobucket Image Hosting
Berjes picks up their wedding portrait from Centowski's on his way home from work. Long overdue we'll add, considering Hazel is seven now! He picks out a couple plates and a tea set too because he feels bad. The portrait came out nice though. They had a beach ceremony on Twikkii Island.

Photobucket Image Hosting
Somehow, that night Hazel's friends end up having an impromptu sleepover...

Photobucket Image Hosting
Which leaves Hailey and Berjes to take the living room couches. Berjes is thinking, I'm too tall for this!

Photobucket Image Hosting
And here are the sleepover friends the next morning, talking about BFFs over cereal and milk. Wonder if they'll all still be BFFs when they're older...?

***

notes: LOL, I have no idea how all those kids ended up sleeping over. I didn't propose a sleepover or anything. It was fun though! Or, well, probably not much fun for Hailey and Berjes on those couches :)

6 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I've never managed to have sleepovers with kids. Haha the parents are out on the couch.

    This makes me want to use an ice rink community lot, or at least a skating rink. I have only used them once or twice in my entire playing experience...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's so cute that they had a sleepover! Although too bad the parents had to sleep on the couch, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mao, yeah, the skating is fun! I always forget about them too. I have a roller rink too that I should use some time.

    shana, it was :) I wish I could figure out how it happened. I'd have them more often. I swear there used to be a propose... sleepover option, but I couldn't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squinge made a children sleepover hack (http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91611.0.html).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never seen the ice rink before! Gosh, this is all too much fun. The Sims 3 seems almost dull now... By the way this is the first Sims 2 story ever I'm reading. I've had the Sims since it first came out and somehow never got to read stories (didn't write any either. I think I couldn't have wished for a better starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moondaisy, that's honestly one of the reasons I'm waiting a good long time to jump onto Sims 3 - it could never measure up to all I have with TS2 simply because it's just a base game. I'm sure it will grow in time though.

    I didn't read or write Sim-stories until a couple years into my TS2 experience, and never for TS1 (did anyone? lol!).

    ReplyDelete