Thursday, January 28, 2010

my biggest fan needs help with a school project...


Dear Anonymous,

Wow, you got here searching for France? I'd have to say you're doing it wrong. Google is your friend. You really should try to learn how to use it.

Here, let me Google that for you. Was that so hard?

Wikipedia is your friend too.

But in my opinion, clipart is a little lame. I'd go with photographs or something instead.

I did a bunch of projects on France when I was in school too. I was totally into France, and I even studied French for six years through high school and uni, to the point I was nearly fluent. (I'm not French or anything, but you know, it's just a very lovely culture.) But man, back in the day, we didn't have Google. We had to use these things called card catalogs. And if you think Google is hard, you should try using one of those bad boys!

But you know, practice makes perfect. So keep on practicing there with Google. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually.

14 comments:

  1. How Rude!

    I was into France too! I took 3 years in high school and 2 in college, after testing out of French 1 in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit unbelievable. How does one come across Lakeside Heights when googling France. I know Michigan was founded by French explores but I didn't think Google was that bad.

    I was very into France too. I took it in high school. My first boyfriend/love was a French guy. Funny enoguh the fact that I had braggig rights of dating a French guy that his memory still stuck with me for all these years. LOl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason it's all quite humerous to me. Your response and what he was googling for that is... clipart? Really?

    And OMGosh! Card CATALOUGES! I forgot all about those bad boys. What a lost art that was to learn, hey? Not that it doesn't have its uses in some places, but research, no way jose.

    Mmmm ditto on the love of France. My mom's side is from there, and so I studied it for 3 years in high school, and promptly forgot how to say anything that matters. Mostly just know food now cause that's what the family makes/talks about the most LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Francesca, I got to skip my first semester too :)

    Victoria, I know, I have no idea how he got here, lol! I just did a search on this blog even, and never once have I even written the word "France". Or "clipart" for that matter, lol!

    Maisie, I forgot so much too. I really wish I'd kept up with it somehow, but when you're not using it every day it just kind of falls away.

    And LOL, maybe that's why the food stuff is always the first thing they teach you in language classes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by my referral stats, I happen to know that this is the winning picture, by the way.

    It always makes me wonder... he was searching for some combination of clipart/France/tourists, and something about this picture made him want to click through to this blog. Hmmm, checking out Keri's boobs maybe? Shirtless Justin? Really, I'd be fascinated to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He needs to get some manners. You're probably right; he thought he was getting my soft porn and got sorely disappointed. Geez, the lazy bumm!
    ---------------------------
    laurelcrossing.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez, Laura, how dare you not feature clip art of France on your blog which has nothing to do with France?! LOL. Am I the only one who'd love to see this kid's France project, if his writing for school is as eloquent as that comment?

    I've been lucky with my comments so far. I've only received one mildly rude one and it was Sims-related and I think more a matter of poor phrasing. The people who come to my blog looking for porn (of which there are many) just leave quietly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This entry-- LOL! Card catalogs. Seriously. You bring back some bad memories.

    I love the way you respond to these "fans."

    ReplyDelete
  9. This entry is too funny. I love the way you handle these! I thought all kids today knew how to use Google, I know my 9-year-old niece is pretty good with it. And as you demonstrated, how hard can it be to google "France".

    I studied french for 3 years in senior high (lukio in finnish) but I've pretty much forgotten everything about it. Going to France is still on the list of things I must do before I die though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROFL, Laura! Where do these people find you? This is too funny.

    At least they typed somewhat properly? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laurel, that must be it!

    Carla, oh I know it! I get people searching for all kinds of shady things, but right, they don't usually have the desire to call themselves out on it, lol!

    Lunar, ugh, weren't those the worst!?!

    Cissie, I'd love to visit France too! I wish I'd done it when I remembered the language better though... ah well, I guess I'll just be an ordinary annoying tourist instead ;)

    Mao, I know, at least he attempted to spell his swear words properly, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Card catalogs, ah I remember those so well. I remember that and having to learn the Dewey system. Im old. =(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so jealous. Why can't I get fans like that? LOL ;) But yeah, that seems like a big Google-fail if he wanted French clipart and ended up here.

    I feel like the oddball out. I took Spanish, not French, LOL. Three years of Spanish and I still can't speak it. I can still read it well enough to comprehend, but I would have to write back in English because I never got the hang of forming grammatically correct sentences Spanish, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bernz, OMG, the Dewey system! We had to take tests on that stuff! Ugh! LOL!

    Shana, we all took French because it was glamorous and cool, when Spanish is actually much more practical in this country, lol!

    ReplyDelete